About to order a new 1.2 DiG-T Tekna Xtronic

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
subin
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by subin »

Yeah, I asked the dealer to give (for free!) an extended warranty for the CVT engine as Nissan only gives 3 years. They told me that I could buy one when Nissan's warranty is about to finish.

subin

Post by subin »

Yeah, I asked the dealer to give (for free!) an extended warranty for the CVT engine as Nissan only gives 3 years. They told me that I could buy one when Nissan's warranty is about to finish.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

I had a 2ltr qashqai cvt for 2yrs and have just replaced it , well 4 mths ago with a 17 plate 1.2 cvt and I can say they are good and the gearbox is so smooth I would not want to go back to a manual box again, I was a bit concerned that the smaller engine might be underpowered but it certainly is not and am very impressed with the new car, hope this helps you decide what car to buy.
subin

Post by subin »

Thanks.

Yeah, I was also concerned about the engine size! I did one more test drive today, and the power was good climbing uphill and in motorways.
RickT

Post by RickT »

Thanks for the general feedback of the 1,2, my issue like most, is the test drive was a brand new car with 200 miles on the clock so the engine was still tight, could not open it up due to traffic.

Our QQ is going to be a local urban 2nd car anyway, so power is not the main priority.
2018 Nissan Qashqai - 1.2 n Connecta + Pano Roof
Tim29

Post by Tim29 »

Hello guys, planning to order the new Qashqai, been reading this forum regularly and it’s very helpful & informative. Had a test drive yesterday and so impressed with the 1.2 xtronic engine, so smooth and responsive. I currently have a Vauxhall Mokka planning to get the Mokka X but want to try the new Qashqai for a change... still weighing up before deciding to order the 1.2 tekna trim (with pano roof) considering the issues hounded the xtronic problems before, oil loss, start/stop error and now the ‘no hands free call capability’ on the new QQ.. I hope there is a fix for this as most modern cars today even the basic trim has those features... any thoughts and advice would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Get the 1.6 petrol engine if petrol is your thing. Get a warranty that is longer than 3 years for the gearbox if you intend to keep it a long time. I have the pano roof and hardly ever open it, but I think this option will be subjective and really down to the individual.
Tim29 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:06 pm Hello guys, planning to order the new Qashqai, been reading this forum regularly and it’s very helpful & informative. Had a test drive yesterday and so impressed with the 1.2 xtronic engine, so smooth and responsive. I currently have a Vauxhall Mokka planning to get the Mokka X but want to try the new Qashqai for a change... still weighing up before deciding to order the 1.2 tekna trim (with pano roof) considering the issues hounded the xtronic problems before, oil loss, start/stop error and now the ‘no hands free call capability’ on the new QQ.. I hope there is a fix for this as most modern cars today even the basic trim has those features... any thoughts and advice would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Tim29

Post by Tim29 »

Hi Daewar, well I have problem with my left leg so automatic is only an option for me and petrol suits my needs since I am only doing 6,000 miles a year doing city driving & motorways only on half term break with my family. Once I’ve finally decided to buy, I am planning to keep the car for 4-5 years and would definitely extend the warranty up to 5 years..