About to order a new 1.2 DiG-T Tekna Xtronic

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
subin
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by subin »

Hi all,

We're about to order a new petrol CVT auto. Can anyone please share their good/bad experiences?

Honest John (https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/n ... hqai-2014/) says there're problems with "1.2DIG-T has common problems with stop/start and losing power. Supply problem with CVT auto.", so a little worried now!

Thanks.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

subin, try using tye search button at the top of the forum. Im sure you'll find plenty info already exists on this. Try using different key words.
subin

Post by subin »

Hi,

I've seen most of the comments in the forum, but thought if someone could share their recent experiences with the 1.2 DiG-T Tekna Xtronic CVT engine.
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

I have also read the comments on this Forum about the 1.2 Xtronic and was a little concerned but went ahead and last Friday took delivery of a new QQ. It is a very nice car, easy to drive and more comfortable than our previous Kia Venga 4 1.6 Auto. The CVT is very good and much better than the last one I tried years ago in a Ford Fiesta. It is smoother than the Venga 6 speed Autobox. This is our first stop and go and I find it more amusing than anything but I have switched it off on the last two short journeys as I wonder what it might be doing to the battery, especially in the recent cold weather. All the tech on the car is a bit over powering. Lane change beeps, all the different cameras and all the info on display, but I am gradually getting used to it. I think I will get the extended warranty if it covers the CVT box 'just in case' having read some of the comments on here, but it is a lot better than I was expecting. Mpg seems OK and I expect it to improve. Got 37 mpg today over 25 miles mixed driving.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
subin

Post by subin »

Thanks, Geordieman! It was indeed good to know that the CVT issues are not seen with the recent engine. Fingers crossed!
RickT

Post by RickT »

How does the 1,2 DiG drive ? does it deliver enough power for everyday urban driving?
2018 Nissan Qashqai - 1.2 n Connecta + Pano Roof
subin

Post by subin »

There was no problem during the test drive.

I still haven't ordered!
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Go for the manual if its your car will be better come sale or trade if your able to drive a manual box ok
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

We have had autos for over 35 years and would never go back to manual with all that gear changing and clutch pushing. Our previous car was a Kia Venga 4 Auto 1.6 engine which I thought was quick especially as it had the new 6 speed autobox. I was concerned that a 1.2 CVT QQ would be struggling but not so and I have been very surprised at how agile it feels.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Sounds like your mind is made up 12 Ltr is fast for most ....CVT box's are good...Nissan need to give more than 3yrs and 100.000 miles on all CVT boxes
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car