Qashqai Sat Nav

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Norfolkman

Post by Norfolkman »

I normally use my TomTom for navigation but it does not have Live Traffic on it. It would appear from the limited instruction in the Connect booklet that this is implemented in the Qashqai. Do you know if it possible to receive traffic information even though you haven’t actually planned a route? in other words, show information for the area that you are actually driving through.

I would like to use the TomTom for actual navigation but use the Qashqai one for traffic warnings. Is this possible?

I know the radio has TA but this not what I was thinking of. Unfortunately, although I believe I have set it up correctly, I have no way of checking it unless I deliberately drive to an area where there is congestion!!

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Yes it does make announcements with no route set, but it is very hit and miss and often out of date. Phone satnava are more reliable.
Norfolkman

Post by Norfolkman »

Thank you!
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

I also use my phone now due to my maps being so out of date, I regularly drive through areas that have obviously been built after my QQ and my sat nav shows I’m in a field.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.