Qashqai current drawing limit

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
cornerstone
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by cornerstone »

Hello Friends,
I have Qashqai 2017 model done 14000KM driven by myself.
Last week while driving on motor way for a more than hour with the following settings ON.
(both front seats heating ON, Navigation ON, Blue tooth Audio streaming from mobile in to car infotainment system, mobile was charging from car charger port ).

Suddenly I felt that my Accelerator was not responding and even though I am pedaling hard my speed kept on decreasing which I can see on the
Speedo meter,where as engine rev was more than 3K.
At this moment I was on a motor way reduced my speed from 120km to 80 km, changed to lower gear but no use tried clearing any speed limit setting etc.. but no use.

Then disconnected mobile charging and switched off the Blue tooth , car started gradually responding to the accelerator pedal and after a while I could make it to 120KM.
Same day after this incident I did more than 300KM journey on the motorway except both seats heating on there was no issue.

I am due for my car service next week, before complying to dealer I would like to get some expert views on this issue.
1. Is there an issue(possibility) keeping front seats ON for long could drain car battery's and eventually affects car performance?.

Regards
CS

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The heated seats appear to be thermostatically controlled, as the heat from them cuts in and out during use.
I suppose it is possible that using the heated seats is limited to the available power available from the battery, but I dont think that's the case.
The heated seats seem to draw less power than the thermoclear windscreen. Try them both and note the rpm of the car.
I would suggest you may have a different issue.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Ps using the bluetooth will make no difference to the performance of the vehicke at all.
cornerstone
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by cornerstone »

Hi gvmdaddy,
Thanks for the suggestion, will try running both setting ON (both front seat heating and thermoclear windscreen ) and see if that affect the acceleration ?, OR it could be issue with alternator.
I will report this problem to dealer during the annual service which is due in few weeks from now.
Regards
CS
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Is it a petrol or diesel?
From your description your speed wasn’t increasing in relation to revs which sounds like the clutch is slipping, this would be odd though at 14000km.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Did you get this issue resolved?
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.