Autolock Range

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
hineshm

Post by hineshm »

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how to reduce or change the distance away from the car that the car with 'Auto lock'?

The scenario that I'm trying to solve is this:

My wife accidentally forgot to lock the car last night and we keep our keys in a cupboard under the stairs, which is a fair distance away from the car ( 3-4 metres), however, that's still too close to the car as the car remained unlocked overnight.

Any ideas how to disable or reduce the distance required to autolock the car?

Cheers!

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

It does not auto lock after exiting the vehicle.
However, if the car is locked and you unlock it but dont open one of the doors to enter, itvwill tgen relock itselfcafter 30 seconds.
hineshm

Post by hineshm »

Thanks for the reply.

So are you saying that if I forget to lock the car it'll stay unlocked forever?
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

The only time I forgot to lock mine I saw the mirrors had not closed from the house and went out to check ....
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

hineshm wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:46 pm Thanks for the reply.

So are you saying that if I forget to lock the car it'll stay unlocked forever?
Correct. That’s why I have my mirrors on the same setting as ‘david sunderland’ above so I can see if the car is locked or not without having to go out to it.
hineshm

Post by hineshm »

Thanks for the info.

Seems odd that there wouldn't be a way to auto lock the car after x seconds or something?

But thanks for the clarification.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

See if this helps you ! The operating distance mentioned is only 80cm (31,5“). It would also appear that the owner is responsible to check that the Doors are Locked. I also as mentioned use the Closing Mirror action as an Indicator that the Doors are Closed. The exception is that in the winter here we keep ours open due to the snow, ice or frost buildups which can damage the Mirrors when closing and it appears now even the UK is suffering with this stuff - Dave ;)

121FD7E7-90A7-44F9-A29F-FDD30D8B62F4.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken