Qashqai in the snow

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
raefil

Post by raefil »

Fair to say it isnt the best in these conditions, today, on Shap Fell.

2wd 1.5 New Michelin tyres

It even made the Daily Heil :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -year.html
J11b 1.5dci NConeccta Vivid blue

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Raefil, this looks like an N-Connecta with 18“ Two Töne Alloys. The question is are these New Summer or Winter Tyres, which are fitted as these can make a big difference ? - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
raefil

Post by raefil »

The standard tyres fitted as new, which are summer, no doubt.

We were away on a christmas break, rarely snows where i live, not sure ofhow economical it would be to purchase a set of winter tyres for the amount of use theyd get.
J11b 1.5dci NConeccta Vivid blue
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

raefil, personally I wouldn’t bother. 30 years driving in the U.K. and I’ve got stuck only twice, both times on my own sloping driveway. Others on here will say otherwise as they are situated where they can see months of snow each year, indeed some countries legislate that Winter tyres must be used between certain dates. I see both sides of the dilemma, but for me it’s too costly, impractical and not necessary.
TerryH
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by TerryH »

I've had winter tyres for previous cars but it's expensive to buy them and to change them before and after winter, and storing them is a pain. I didn't bother to have them fitted in the last couple of winters. Fortunately winters are getting much less severe, thanks to global warming. Having said that, they do work. I remember reading that they could be more effective on a front-wheel drive vehicle than a four-wheel drive without winter tyres. I sold them (for not much!) when I got my Qashqai as they wouldn't fit anyway.
Qq N-Connecta. DIG-T 163 1.6 Petrol. Vivid blue. Sept. 2017. Lancs., UK
100House

Post by 100House »

Using Bridgestone DUELER H/P SPORT 225/45 R19 92W on my Tekna 4WD in 12" of snow. No problem with Lock On. Disengaged automatically when above 30mph.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Michelin "cross climate" year round tyres are supposed to be good. Not available for Tekna 19" though :cry: .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Mad Maru
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mad Maru »

Having 19” alloys on my 1.5 Black Edition I took the plunge on a set of alloys & winter tyres (£550) as due to work I have to drive in all conditions regardless of wanting to or not. As the 19” tyres are not cheap to replace the winter set will run for roughly six months and has definitely made the cold weather driving a breeze. And swapping wheels over and storing in garage made my choice an easier one. Plus the 19” continental tyres on the car didn’t impress me during the summer or in the wet so will be changing those once they need replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mad Maru, good to see that you are happy with your choice of having two sets of Tyres - Summer & Winter. The problem as mentioned is the outlay and the storage of the Wheel / Tyre Sets especially when the possibility of snow is minimal. Here in Germany it is a „Must“ to have two sets Summer / Winter or the M&S Type Tyres and definitely they are much safer.
We used to have two Nissan‘s and two sets to deal with, but now only the QQ and I put an end to storing the 19“ at home in the cellar, just too heavy when you are knocking on. Our storage at Nissan costs around €65 for 6 months inc. installing / storage / light check which ain‘t that bad - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 4481

Post by Deleted User 4481 »

switchback wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:08 pm Michelin "cross climate" year round tyres are supposed to be good. Not available for Tekna 19" though :cry: .
They are as I've got them on mine :D