Poor Nissan Service

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

GunmetalQashqai wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:11 pm
Mark46 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm Normally an interim service would be completed within a day, the dealer should contact you if it goes beyond that. I suggest you give them a call to see what’s going on.
In regards to the courtesy car most dealers will give you a like for like car on request, if you don’t request a similar vehicle then you will just get what is available at the time.
The thing is they booked this advance on the 23rd December 2017 and i was told i would get a like for like QQ and i got a Micra so what can i do??
I hope by now you have your car back and all is well?
In these situations sometimes you have to hold out for what you originally asked for which was a QQ, not easy I know when you are at the dealership and they are giving you the take it or leave it look.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.

Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

GunmetalQashqai wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 pm
Mark46 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm Normally an interim service would be completed within a day, the dealer should contact you if it goes beyond that. I suggest you give them a call to see what’s going on.
In regards to the courtesy car most dealers will give you a like for like car on request, if you don’t request a similar vehicle then you will just get what is available at the time.
Also Mark the thing here is that its the car's first service and has been with them since 8:30 this morning and they cant even complete an interim service?? Will speak to Manager about this do you think they will give me anything?? They said the workshop was packed and i was like i dont care i want my car back by today and they were like NO :evil:
I would speak to the service manager to get a full explanation as to why the service as gone into day two.
It appears they have taken too much on or had some issues and put your cars service lower down their priority list.
In regards to them giving you anything............. a coffee and an apology that’s about your lot I’m afraid.
Maybe best to have a look at another dealership next time, I suspect things are not going to get any better with this one.
DRL mod & mud flaps.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

First you said they had the car on the second, just for a minor service, then you say they only got the car at 8-30am yesterday! Now you say there is additional work to be done!
Regarding the loan car, they only offer to keep you mobile and on the road, they don’t guarantee a particular car. I suppose you could have turned the Micra down but then you would have had to re-schedule your service.
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

I have to agree with gvmdaddy that there is some confusion as to when you dropped the car off?
Plus did you mention this additional work when you first booked it in? Or add it to the service on the drop off day?
DRL mod & mud flaps.
GunmetalQashqai

Post by GunmetalQashqai »

Mark46 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:24 pm I have to agree with gvmdaddy that there is some confusion as to when you dropped the car off?
Plus did you mention this additional work when you first booked it in? Or add it to the service on the drop off day?
All of this was mentioned before the service was made and yes my car was given back to me on Wednesday around 3 and i spoke to the manager and he was like there's nothing we can do about it. Also my other dealership West Way Hanwell aint that great either.
2017(66) Reg Gun Metallic 1.2 DIG-T N Vision- Spare Wheel Kit- Mudflaps- Chrome Sill Protectors.(SOLD OCTOBER 2018) Now GLC 250 AMG Line Premium Plus.
2016(66) Reg Gun Metallic 1.2 DIG-T Tekna X Tronic- Spare Wheel Kit-Chrome Sill Protectors.
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Did they do a good job with the service?
What feedback did you receive about the head light and poor mpg?
DRL mod & mud flaps.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Something is not right about this post. Aside from the previously mentioned differences in posts, the OP now says that he got the car back at 3pm then made a post on here some 3 hours later stating that the service and additional work hadn't even been started!
GunmetalQashqai

Post by GunmetalQashqai »

Mark46 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 pm Did they do a good job with the service?
They done a good job with the service and the headlight was replaced as it was chipped on the top and was replaced under warranty. Poor mpg was accounted down to low miles done in the first year only 3500 miles so was told to use it more.
2017(66) Reg Gun Metallic 1.2 DIG-T N Vision- Spare Wheel Kit- Mudflaps- Chrome Sill Protectors.(SOLD OCTOBER 2018) Now GLC 250 AMG Line Premium Plus.
2016(66) Reg Gun Metallic 1.2 DIG-T Tekna X Tronic- Spare Wheel Kit-Chrome Sill Protectors.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

My QQ does 33 mpg ave and I do lots of short runs...i used to ave 35 in the summer...now coming up to 7000 miles and to test mine I went for a run down A19 to get grandson to sleep stayed at 2000 rpm in 6th for 20 mins and turned around no traffic jams and got 55mpg so if conditions are OK you can test car mpg yourself
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

GunmetalQashqai wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:34 am
Mark46 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 pm Did they do a good job with the service?
They done a good job with the service and the headlight was replaced as it was chipped on the top and was replaced under warranty. Poor mpg was accounted down to low miles done in the first year only 3500 miles so was told to use it more.
So long story short, you got a courtesy car, had a quality service done, replaced headlight under warranty and some good advice about how to improve your mpg all in one day!
I would go back and thank them and buy them all a drink, some people on here would give their right arm for that kind of service.
DRL mod & mud flaps.