Thieves

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
TerryH
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by TerryH »

The sat nav card thieves have been at it again in my area.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s-14100574

Fortunately, I manage to squeeze my Qq into my garage at night (it's a tight squeeze!), but this is all a bit worrying, not least because of any damage these scumbags do when breaking in, To be honest, I wouldn't know where to find the card.

There was a previous thread on this subject in November. Again, it was in the Manchester area. Just thought I'd let you all know, but I don't know what we can do to prevent such thefts.
Qq N-Connecta. DIG-T 163 1.6 Petrol. Vivid blue. Sept. 2017. Lancs., UK

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Read your manual to learn location of SD card- won't say here in case criminals lurking.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
TerryH
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by TerryH »

Will do. Is it a good idea to take it out when leaving the car? A bit like removing the distributor cap in the old days.
Qq N-Connecta. DIG-T 163 1.6 Petrol. Vivid blue. Sept. 2017. Lancs., UK
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

You could remove it and leave the cover hanging open, if they look in it might put them off. I have also blacked out the writing on the cover so it doesn't look so obvious. Did the same on my dash cams and blacked out the name and any brightwork.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Guys,

here is an idea from my experience of Aircraft mainenance. When a circuit breaker is pulled / disconnected it is common to clip a red flag or marker so its obvious that the CB has been disconnected. How about getting a memory card adaptor (very common) and add a small thin chain or wire or string to it. I have attached a picture to give you the idea, its not to scale, please try use your imagination for the flag size & string.

The main point here is that the SD card is very small and a thief me not see a black object is missing from your black head unit at night time. Now if the item im showing had a bit of reflective tape on it also, then your on to a winner & may cost nothing if you have the materials.

Critique always welcomed.

16GB-Micro-SD-Card-SD-Card-Adapter-Card-Reader_3_nologo_600x600.jpg

Geordieman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:06 pm You could remove it and leave the cover hanging open, if they look in it might put them off. I have also blacked out the writing on the cover so it doesn't look so obvious. Did the same on my dash cams and blacked out the name and any brightwork.
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

The sd card is very east to find especially when it is under a flap that is clearly marked in white SD card.

You could always get a couple of window stickers made that simply say SD card has been removed from vehicle, the dealers put a note on the windscreens saying similar on the cars on the fore court.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights