Wont Start + Rac + New Battery

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
askjim
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by askjim »

Mine was replaced by rac. He said it would not matter whether you are within warranty as it is a manufacturing fault and would be replaced free of charge

GEOFFREY BUNGLE

Post by GEOFFREY BUNGLE »

Same here.Wouldn't start so I charged it but soon gave up the ghost.RAC got it going and I took it to Stafford where they put on a replacement battery.Warranty up shortly so pleased but informed the battery which was originally used in conjunction with Renault has now been ditched.Have had a few battery problem in my Qashqai's ( Almost) three years.Stafford much better than Telford sorting electrical faults in my experience. :roll:
GEOFFREYBUNGLE
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Took car in a few days ago due to the stop start failure warning. Battery replaced under warranty and no further problems as yet.
Regards to all
Terry
July 2015 1.6 dCi Tekna 130 Xtronic Gun Metallic
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

I had my fiaaaam ? Battery replaced under warranty when I complained about the stop start not workin ‘properly’, thanks to this forums info. I don’t know what battery make etc it is but white paint is splashed over the terminals. Stop start works better but not as good as I understand the Boch ones. Any idea how I can find out what battery I did have put in ? I’m noging to wonder if they just put another Fiaammm one in !
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Further to my posts on this matter. Nissan replaced my battery on Friday following a stop/start fault issue and failure of my speed limiter and cruise control. However yesterday on a motorway journey I was dismayed to find that the speed limiter and cruise control failed to work! So it's back on to the garage tomorrow to get it sorted. They told me that replacing the fault fiamm batteries would cure all faults, but I am beginning to wonder if my fiamm battery was ever one of the dodgy ones in the first place, as the car never had a problem starting and the stop/start system seemed to work fine up until last week. I was hoping when I collected the car on Friday that I would never have to return to my incompetent Nissan dealer as the car is three years old in October so no need to get it serviced by Nissan, but go to a competent local garage.
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Bluey59

Post by Bluey59 »

Further to my earier post, Just started car up and the stop start system failure warning has disappeared? Now wondering if the car just needed a good run as it had been stationery for a while, however this isn't the first time the stop start failure has displayed. It's going to cost me about £70 for a diagnostic check , rather not have to pay this if the car has righted itself, has anybody else encountered this? did the problem reappear later and require further work?
2014 Blade silver 1.5 dci NTEC
Qashpad

Post by Qashpad »

My 11 month old Qashqai has just failed to start. The Fiamm battery had a dead cell.
I cannot understand that Nissan put their reputation at risk for the sake of rubbish batteries.
The way that Nissan and RAC dealt with it was no problem but this seems totally unbelievable after all this time of knowing these issues
2019 Tekna+ , white 160 hp 1.3 litre with DCT auto box
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You need the ECU scanned to find if you have any fault codes. You can do it yourself with a obd2 bluetooth adaptor & and android app called Torque.

Start here
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client= ... 8&oe=UTF-8
Bluey59 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:07 am Further to my earier post, Just started car up and the stop start system failure warning has disappeared? Now wondering if the car just needed a good run as it had been stationery for a while, however this isn't the first time the stop start failure has displayed. It's going to cost me about £70 for a diagnostic check , rather not have to pay this if the car has righted itself, has anybody else encountered this? did the problem reappear later and require further work?
Percy

Post by Percy »

Had a meeting to attend in London today, train tickets booked, car wouldn't start at 0700 this morning. Lots of lights and clicking and a stop start fault. Called the RAC at 0715 new battery fitted and mended by 0930. Well done RAC shame on Nissan. This is the first time I have broken down for over 25 years.

Train tickets wasted, a day annual leave cost to me and a complete lack of confidence in a £22,000 less than 2 year old car.
2016 1.2 Ink Blue with glass roof.
Bluey59

Post by Bluey59 »

Decided to get the diagnostic done at Nissan Wirral for peace of mind as sods law would certainly apply during this current cold spell.

Anyway apparently the diagnostic indicated the battery was holding a good charge and they had to reset a fault related to something to do with excessive use of the clutch ?????.

All fault codes cleared, the technician then took the car out for a test drive and the dreaded stop start system fault reappeared, their new conclusion......... Battery is knackered (as I suggested was the probably the case when I dropped it off).

Quoted me £112 +Vat for new battery as well as the £70 for the diagnostic so looking at bill of over £200, unfortunately the car is about 6 weeks outside warranty so was resigned to having to part with the readies, anyway my faith was restored in my main agent when after some negotiation they agreed, as a goodwill gesture, to discount my bill by 75% so ended up paying just £51.

The battery is an OEM Genuine Nissan battery (can't see any manufactureres name on it) anybody have any experience with the quality (or otherwise) of these?

Well done Nissan Wirral , a happy customer 👍👍
2014 Blade silver 1.5 dci NTEC