Wont Start + Rac + New Battery

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

askjim wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 pm Mine was replaced by rac. He said it would not matter whether you are within warranty as it is a manufacturing fault and would be replaced free of charge
Somebody owes you £51.....
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car

daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Well my car was back at the garage yesterday for the speed limiter/cruise control issue. Diagnosed as a faulty air intake temperature sensor, yet another part Nissan are aware is causing a problem. They don't keep these in stock so have had to order one, could take up to a week or so, which I find quite hard to believe in this day and age! I do have the car back, but it will have to go back in when the part arrives. If these issues are known by Nissan you would have thought that they would replace the battery and this air intake sensor as a matter of course when the car goes in for an electrical issue. Three trips to the garage for it "hopefully" to be rectified seems a bit excessive to me. Guess it will be the CVT box packing in next as this seems to be an issue as well. I might have to seriously consider getting a lovely new Peugeot 3008, just have to persuade the wife that it's the right thing to do!

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
askjim

Post by askjim »

Nooo it’s a Peugeot
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

daddydoug wrote:I might have to seriously consider getting a lovely new Peugeot 3008...
I've been interested in the Peugeot 3008 for about a year now and have been following one of their forums. If there's anything I've learned there, it's that the car has the same sort of niggling minor issues as the QQ and that Peugeot's UK dealers and customer service seem just as questionable as Nissan's.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
askjim

Post by askjim »

My first car was a Peugeot. Was ok. Next car was vw. Way better quality, would never buy Peugeot again, but 3008 looks smart.

What about the evoke
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Yes Hound. I am a member of a Peugeot 3008 forum. As you say the car does have a few niggles, but I did get chatting to a guy on there who owned a Qashqai, same spec as mine, and he says the Peugeot 3008 is streets ahead of the Qashqai. My car is back to the garage tomorrow for it's air intake temperature sensor and some other part to be replaced under warranty. Apparently when Nissan gave my dealer the authority to replace the air intake sensor under warranty, they also told them to replace some other part, but can't remember which part the guy said. Obviously Nissan know that there is another part liable to failure. Hopefully this time tomorrow my speed limiter, cruise control and engine malfunction warning light will all be fixed, but watch this space.

I have been specking a Peugeot 3008 GT Line Premium. OTR cost is £32,365, but did a carwow check and got a quote of £28,500, which was pretty good, it's all very tempting!

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
whitekna

Post by whitekna »

daddydoug wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:04 pm I might have to seriously consider getting a lovely new Peugeot 3008, just have to persuade the wife that it's the right thing to do!

Doug
I've just got myself a new VW Tiguan R-Line with the 2.0 litre Bi-Turbo Tdi engine (240 bhp). I enjoyed my Qashqai but this thing is on a totally different level. :P
PSafarova

Post by PSafarova »

Reading this makes me think about my problem.
Basically I stopped at lights and stop/start system fault warning message popped up.
I drove around with this message for maybe a week and one day battery just died on me.
I fitted a new battery but didn’t register it with the system. Are you supposed to register new battery? Because the warning message is this there
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Normally with fault codes, they need to be reset. You can do this yourself if you have a decent fault code reader or probably have to pay if you take it to you local dealer.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.