Wont Start + Rac + New Battery

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
askjim
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by askjim »

Was sitting in car listening to music and waiting for dashcam to format memory card whilst wife was in super market.

I spotted them on way back to car so tried to start car as was cold

start stop fault light appeared and would not start, lights on the dash would flash and you hear a clicking noise but would not start

so rang nissan breakdown who sent the rac

he connected the battery and ran some diagnostics and the car started first time :-( he then mentioned that there has been a warranty replavement on 20,000 batteries and that he had one on board and would swap it over.

thought i would share the information. he did mention dealers are short of batteries...

qashqai arrived late 2014

Ello1974

Post by Ello1974 »

Hi. I too have same issues, gone out this morning and won't start on my 2015 qashqai. I have the RAC cover. Should I ring Nissan first?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Askjim, unfortunately this problem with the QQ Batteries is pretty big now and it seems to be a known problem by Nissan & the RAC. If it helps take a look in the „Search“ Area just stick in „Batteries“ and you will see the Posts. We had our FIAMM Battery also replaced some time back now, never had a problem since - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
askjim

Post by askjim »

Ello1974 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:49 am Hi. I too have same issues, gone out this morning and won't start on my 2015 qashqai. I have the RAC cover. Should I ring Nissan first?
We rang Nissan breakdown which we get for free who then sent the rac.

If you have car serviced by Nissan you might get the cover for free.

If so ring ring Nissan breakdown else rac. Fingers crossed the rac has battery on board and you can avoid dealer
rummenn

Post by rummenn »

This is my battery...are all Fiamm faulty?

IMG_20180114_170503.jpg

I didn't experience any problems up to now as the car is only few months old, but have to travel abroad with my family and want to avoid problems abroad.
Do you think I better change this one?
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

I had mine changed by the RAC about a year ago too. The car is now 3 years and 2 months old, so it failed just after its second birthday. No problem since, but its early days yet.
I don't think the replacement is a Fiamm.

I've had Fiamm batteries in Italian industrial machinery before with no problems up to an amazing 13 years of service, so its not the brand, just a particular design of theirs that hasn't performed as expected. Its a duff battery design by the looks of it. Hopefully the replacement will last a good few years. If it lasts less than 8 years in the UK, its not a very good battery.
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Aside from capacity etc is there a difference between the batteries fitted on diesel models v gasoline models? A week ago my (FIAMM) battery failed and when the RAC man turned up he replaced the battery on the spot, yesterday a neighbour's J11 battery died but this time the RAC man said it would need to go to the dealership because it was petrol and therefore needed to have the battery registered to the ECU. Not very convenient for a fairly routine repair!
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Interesting to read this, as yesterday I pulled up at traffic lights, the stop/start kicked in, but then immediately restarted the engine (I have a 2015 CVT diesel) and then the "STOP/START SYSTEM FAULT" starting flashing on my dash! I drove home without any problems, but the system fault warning is still showing on the car, even though I have started it up a few times. I guess I will have to phone my dealer on Monday, which I am dreading as they are awful.

Has anyone driven their car for any period of time with the warning flashing? I don't particularly want to be out and about and break down.

Do you reckon this is the start of battery failure? If so I reckon I will have a battle on my hands for my dealer to replace under warranty.

Cheers guys

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Gel

Post by Gel »

Yes I regularly drive with this warning as I guess my battery not fully charged. Just click button on steering wheel to minimise warning. ;)
With that showing STOP/START won't kick in when you stop at lights etc: some see this as an advantage :)

I have a FIAMM but have not had issues with it and my dealer confirmed my 2014 vintage was not one of the affected faulty batch.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Thanks for that Gel. Yes I did minimise the warning, but it still flashes down by the mileometer. I guess as you say an advantage if it stops the stop/start kicking in, but just don't want to break down somewhere. Might be a problem when selling the car if it has a warning flashing on it.

I will ring the dealer on Monday and see what they say, which will be interesting, unless they suddenly amaze me with a change of customer service!
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)