The QQ has landed!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
korky

Post by korky »

Well after a fairly protracted, complicated and at time problematic process(still not fully over...) the car is finally with us. I won't lie by saying the shine has definitely gone because of the above but it's good to finally have the car.

Thanks to those for their kind messages and words and taking an interest over the past weeks. As you will know its a car for the parents and ultimately it was a fantastic deal so I can't argue with that...now just hope it's a reliable car for them going forwards.

Having had a little play with this - it's more refined than the previous 1.5dci and a lot quieter. Granted its newer but the economy was superb saying it's brand new.

Yes there is some wind noise from the wing mirrors but only slight. Otherwise it's a pretty nice place to be behind the wheel. One thing I can't get used to use is the selector rocker on the connect panel...in the old QQ it was push the whole button to 'enter' on the new it's the button in the middle and the not he whole rocker.

Had a quick play with the connect and nav and it is the newer software version C018. I've found the speed camera alerts and I thought activated them but they don't seem to show up for some reason.

Had a look and asked about the SD cards for the QQ - have been told that the new QQs have cards that say Nissan connect on them in lower case. The older ones apparently said it is upper case and the micro, juke etc say nissan connect 2...no idea if this is right or not?

The DAB has been good with a couple of stations not loading up - now this could well be as it's out of network etc. FM was fine also. Not had any issues as yet with loss of sound.

Paired up dad's phone to BT - again pretty simple and again seems to be working fine at the moment.

Not found / looked at how the internet / apps work - infact can't remember any options for this at all on the connect.

The seats feel comfy enough and the heated seats seemed to warm up pretty quickly - probably not the hottest heated seats I've come across?

Space saver wheel is in but don't have the foam spacer as yet as this is on back order so yes the lower floor is a little droopy on the edges.

The car does look stunning and I love those wheels....the new DRLs look fantastic (I overtook a QQ he other day to get in front and have a look).

I don't think anyone would or should be disappointed with the car, yes nissan have withdrawn or cut corners on a few things but my bet is give it a few months and some of the things will be back (not great for us but will be for those buying in a year or so)

happy to check anything anyone wants me too or answer any questions but my answers may not be super quick as I don't have the car :)

Quick pic...

korky2014-04-26 22:30:42

Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

Congratulations Korky
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Korky, looks like a job well done the QQ is looking great. Hope you and your Parents enjoy it - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Korky, Sorry I forgot one point we do not get our QQ Tekna until Aug and there have been various comments on the Space Saver Wheel - some say it fits some say it sits too high. Would you be good enough when you have time to clarify this with photos (possibly after the Styropor Spacers have been installed). I for one would appreciate this as we have provisionally ordered one also - Thanks in Advance Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
r80rew

Post by r80rew »

Looks brilliant. Appears that we have made the right choice with a Black Tekna. We have ours on order and due in Mid July.
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

korky,Nice colour! Perhaps you will advise how you sourced the Space saver wheel and foam spacers and how much did they cost.Thanks
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Well done Korky you been so patient, as it goes the problems you have overcome mate would have filled the forum and rightly so but its nice you haung in there and got your carSpeed cameras have to be turned on in POI in nav as well mate you can turn them off bleep show and bleepGood to see early fuel econoamy, wait until its bedded in lol even when DPF working fuel economy not bad over allI loved the old one but the new one somehow is significantly better somehow even the ride is better yet they downgraded the suspension the old one had (no idea how they done that as it goes)My DAB is effected by weather, but then so are most cars but one quick question did you find the locking system easy to work?Im almost automaticly doing it now annoyingly even to my Focus lol
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="DaveBerlin"] Korky, Sorry I forgot one point we do not get our QQ Tekna until Aug and there have been various comments on the Space Saver Wheel - some say it fits some say it sits too high. Would you be good enough when you have time to clarify this with photos (possibly after the Styropor Spacers have been installed). I for one would appreciate this as we have provisionally ordered one also - Thanks in Advance Dave[/QUOTE]

Not a problem Dave I'll take some pictures as is in the next couple of days without the spacers and then obviously once the spacers arrive
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="r80rew"] Looks brilliant. Appears that we have made the right choice with a Black Tekna. We have ours on order and due in Mid July.
[/QUOTE]

You will love it.....

In all honesty I haven't yet seen a QQ that looks 'bad/wrong' in any colour
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="lythamlife"] korky,
Nice colour! Perhaps you will advise how you sourced the Space saver wheel and foam spacers and how much did they cost.
Thanks
[/QUOTE]

He space saver has all been sourced via dealer, but as the spacers are on back order I am awaiting those still.