Time to say goodbye!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Well after 3 1/2 years of ownership of our 2014 QQ Tekna it’s finally gone! It’s been a rollercoaster of a ride owning a QQ! It has its good points and features to the car but as a whole I don’t think I’d own another one again. As most early owners of the J11 will say we were all guinea pigs. I’ve had most of the issues from stop/start, new battery, dodgy front parking sensors, washer jet issues, key not detected, rattling dash, front seats that fall apart, squeaking front suspension, boot has struts fail, radio shutdowns, glow plugs fail, fog light fill up with water broken steering rack, 4 yes 4 clutch’s and DMF fail ( never owned a car long enough to get a clutch to go!) just to name a few! But the worst part of it all is the diabolical customer service received by myself from dealers and Nissan them selves! I have NEVER had a car with problems like these before! Yes over a 3 year period I might have got the odd problem but the QQ seemed to spend most of its time at the dealers for something or other! I always have new cars every 3-4 years and this QQ’s been the worst! Some people will disagree and say they love there’s and it’s been amazing but I think most will agree with myself! I’ve now brought a New SEAT Alhambra and I’m back to what I trust! I wish all the best to everyone and hope you all have a great 2018! Ryan

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Think one of the problems is demand talking to a plant worker and he was saying they made over 300 cars on the morning shift last week......david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
switchback

Post by switchback »

Perhaps they would be better off building fewer cars to a higher standard?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head switchback!!!
luiscana

Post by luiscana »

the problem is not with the brand. Nissan is ww known for its quality specially in Japan. The issue is that the Qashqai is built in a plant where Quality control is just a word and workers culture perhaps more centered in going for a pint than learning the Japanese style of Kaizen
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Sorry to disappoint, but I totally disagree.

Kaizen, 5S , 6S or whatever "continuous improvement" is called today is instigated and controlled by management, not the workers. After all, who employed the workers in the first place? If you recruit a bad worker, then you have only yourself to blame. Its always management to fault, the trouble it management rarely blame themselves and usually will look for a scapegoat or excuse.
luiscana wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:40 pm the problem is not with the brand. Nissan is ww known for its quality specially in Japan. The issue is that the Qashqai is built in a plant where Quality control is just a word and workers culture perhaps more centered in going for a pint than learning the Japanese style of Kaizen
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Personally I think there's too much Renault influence in the car
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

As for going for a pint back shift today....Fri will finish 5 past 11. Time to look for lock in pubs only......they deserve a pint......david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Up until recently I thought that the j11 was just rushed through quality control and I have often said my QQ was a “Friday afternoon car” but looking at monkeywba’s list of grief which is looking very similar to my list of woe, the problem with the j11 QQ appears to go a bit deeper. I don’t think it was tested thoroughly enough back at the design stage, most of the faults are with the individual parts not how they have been assembled together. Maybe it wasn’t road tested enough before it went into full production? Whatever the reasons all these problems have tarnished the QQ’s reputation which is a shame because it could have been great.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Very true Mark46, going back to when we brought the QQ 3 1/2 years ago the spec you got in it compared to other car manufacturers was untouched. The QQ seemed to have everything and a very good price! But if you look now at the likes of the VAG group they are only now starting to match in spec! (And before anyone says I know they are more expensive) I think the VAG group and other higher end motors seem to have put their tech through years of testing before it is let loose on the public to make sure the customer gets the best product, whereas Nissan just seem to do the bare minimum ie “does it work” ok we’ll send it out and deal with the teething issues later! Is diabolical really!

Oh and yes I agree Renault do seam to be medalling in Nissans cars to much, the last clutch and DMF we had fitted at the Nissan dealers was a ex 15 year Renault mechanic (just started at Nissan dealers) came on a test drive with me and he was that the clutch setup on a 1.5 dci wasn’t beefy or strong enough for the job and he’d seen lots of failures over the years! His words not mine! I was gob smacked! Why don’t nissan act on there problems! All I ever normally got of the dealers or customer services is “I’ve never heard of that problem” its a load of BS really!