Windows opening while locked!!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

No diagnostics/diagrams freely exist relating to the singular "ALL" control of the power windows. It is part of the J11B facelift and not documented in the 2017 (67 Reg) Nissan handbook I have...if it is, its likely deeply buried or my version is wrong for the car?

AFAIK for this function to be available ignition must be ON. As such the windows control via Body Control Module (BCM) powers the window units via a switch matrix etc. This function is only available via the I-key button I think...no internal car switch?

So, for the windows to ALL open/close power (ignition) must be ON (to BCM) and a signal received from the I-key (long press). 2 conditions which is a bit rare for a fault to present. Question is can it be switched ON/OFF in the centre menu?

Alarming is by internal sonic sensors and is a nuisance really like Start/Stop... being default ON.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

You can get the all (global) windows operation turned off by your dealer now. And the ignition doesnt need to be on for it to work, just hold unlock button on your key and all windows will start to come down, you'll find your vehicle unlocked aswell if it was down to the all windows function via ikey