2018 - QQ - Auto hold not always engaging when stopping.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

15 months on I still reach for the handbrake
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.

RickT
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by RickT »

haha... my problem is the opposite... my car (New Skoda Superb Estate in 2016) also has an auto handbrake... many times i forgot to put the handbrake on after driving the Skoda Rapid Spaceback SE Sport which the Qashqai has replaced !
2018 Nissan Qashqai - 1.2 n Connecta + Pano Roof
Wozza74
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Wozza74 »

Had mine a week and auto hold has just failed! Felt like the electric handbrake didn't disengage when I reversed off my drive and caused the engine to stall.

Whole drive to work, no auto hold.

Will see if still broken tonight after work or whether turning off and on fixes it!
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Auto hold is particularly useful with a tc type automatic, which try and creep forwards when idling in D. There is a second or so delay on most applications, to avoid the handbrake applying unnecessary. On many cars, when the electronic handbrake is manually applied, the brake lights extinguish, but when the auto-hold is set and the brakes hold the car, the brake lights remain lit as if the driver had his foot on the pedal.

Obviously a blip of the throttle and a drag forward is required to automatically release the brake.
Ibzy

Post by Ibzy »

I have had the J11b for all of two weeks and it has started doing the same thing you describe. The white symbol which turns green when auto hold is engaged just disappears. Did you get to the bottom of this?

Thanks
mawsen

Post by mawsen »

Dear fellow QQ owners.

My 2018 QQ Tekna+ has suddenly stopped showing the white "Auto Hold" sign i the dashboard (the "Auto Hold" button is always enabled in my case). I tried to enable the function on a hill by pressing the break pedal to the floor as always. When releasing the breaks the car starts rolling back. The "Auto Hold" function did not work. The QQ has been doing this for at month. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday I found out that the "Auto Hold" function is connected with he drivers seat belt lock! When inserted the white "Auto Hold" sign should lit up ind the dashboard and disappear when ejected. I think it must be at bad switch in the seat belt lock :!:
I'll get back when my Nissan workshop has found a working solution ;)
J11B-18 1.5dci Silver Tekna+
ozan_ayd

Post by ozan_ayd »

mawsen wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:20 am Dear fellow QQ owners.

My 2018 QQ Tekna+ has suddenly stopped showing the white "Auto Hold" sign i the dashboard (the "Auto Hold" button is always enabled in my case). I tried to enable the function on a hill by pressing the break pedal to the floor as always. When releasing the breaks the car starts rolling back. The "Auto Hold" function did not work. The QQ has been doing this for at month. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday I found out that the "Auto Hold" function is connected with he drivers seat belt lock! When inserted the white "Auto Hold" sign should lit up ind the dashboard and disappear when ejected. I think it must be at bad switch in the seat belt lock :!:
I'll get back when my Nissan workshop has found a working solution ;)
Did you find the solution? I have the same problem. I checked the battery, it's ok. Brakes work fine. But sometimes white sign just disappears.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

This is a problem really because the 2017 car and 2017 user manual I have doesn't discuss it at all. Auto Hold is fitted though.
Easy Hill Start is all thats in the manual and thats not it....quite.

I suspect the error trouble starts around wheel (x4) speed sensing which informs the ABS system plus other things. Auto Hold tends to allow the vehicle to settle at stopped and switch in if all conditions are good. Trouble is we can't know all the conditions as any relevant documentation is absent.

Error codes (DTCS) may exist...without them its guesswork.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Have you had a look at this - Dave 😉

C5AAA509-01DC-42B8-8A0C-9C349F88D7BF.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Big.Al.

Post by Big.Al. »

Ok.. just noticed this. Auto hold only seems to work when the seat belt is fastened...