Demisting?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Not sure its that simple as it goes mateIts far from end of world return car in disgust but if you pick up a wet passenger those rear windows quickly fog up and stay fogged as it goesOne thing ill miss and i overlooked is heated wing mirrors

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Donkey"]Not sure its that simple as it goes mateIts far from end of world return car in disgust but if you pick up a wet passenger those rear windows quickly fog up and stay fogged as it goesOne thing ill miss and i overlooked is heated wing mirrors[/QUOTE]
All models have heated wing mirrors, did you specify them to be not fitted or something?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

hadnt loked mate to be honest with you assumed they wasntim going to go check mine now lol result
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Just been out and had a look if they heated what switch does that work off?ive got the mose wheel to change mirror angle and a slie to swap mirros and a fold in buttonIf there heated I wonder what button you press
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

The heated mirrors come on automatically when you activate the rear window heater button. Most cars work this way these days and rarely have a separate switch
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Agree with Jonceebee...been the same on my last 5 cars.....Rear heated window on = Side Mirrors on.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Didn't know that and a useful bit of information. The VAG group cars i've had all have a seperate setting on the electric mirror "dial" for heating.Suppose after a decade there was bound to be a different way of things working on another marque.
Nissan no more...
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="AlleyCat"]Didn't know that and a useful bit of information. The VAG group cars i've had all have a seperate setting on the electric mirror "dial" for heating.Suppose after a decade there was bound to be a different way of things working on another marque.[/QUOTE]
That's right Richard as do Skoda's , Japanese based designed models and many others manufacturers have used the rear window heater switch for years as Mark confirmed above. It seems only the VW group cars have kept the separate dedicated switch
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Great news for me thats a bonusAs ever why do we need fellow owners for this information lol Nissan clearly missing the goal getting inormation out letting us just assume its not fitted