Demisting?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Had a run out this morning in the lovely rain and fog and noticed how poor the de-misting is unless the aircon is set on the MAX option, even then the rear door windows remained misted up for quite a while. Anyone else found this to be the case?.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Yes Phaedra I agreaIf you get in car with a wet coat and put it on rear seat the windows do fog quickly and seem to stay fogged
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Is the system set to air re-circulation by any chance. Our Juke used to set this all on its own sometimes?
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Demisting will always take a while, ive never had a car without functioning aircon that was quick at demisting. The heating elements are quite small and have a lot of glass to heat up. The blowers wont be effective as the air might not be warn and will contain moisture so compounding the issue! Aircon is a great tool for this job because it helps to really dry out the air before being blasted onto the windscreen. If you throw it into recirc it will be even quicker because its drying out only the air in the cabin rather than new fresh air from outside. One trick I have learnt, esp in winter (although this may stop now with having front windscreen elements and functioning aircon!!) is open your drivers side window BEFORE you get into the car. As soon as you get in the car, your exhaled breath will be damp as buggery and warm, as you are facing forward this finds its way quickly to the cold windscreen where it instantly condenses! Having your window open helps reduce the effect until your engine has heated up enough to warm the air to heat the windscreen!
SplanK2014-04-27 19:00:43
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="F1 Bob"]Is the system set to air re-circulation by any chance. Our Juke used to set this all on its own sometimes?[/QUOTE]Might have to be honest didnt notice Its not the end of the world by any means but i noticed the side windows fogging after bieng caught in a shower last week I remember making sure side vents were adjusted for windowsIve got the Accenta premium and dont think it has a heated front screen, there was a thread about it earlier its another choice of words leading you to think that in brochureThe blowers seem to be noisy as it goes and the rear door windows dont seem to get much air, but I think thats something we wont notice until winterMaybe the glass roof wont help this with cold outside temp and a warm car who knows or it may just be in my case cleaning needed the windows havent been done since collection
Deleted User 759

haha, you should try driving a car with no headlining! It was an experience to drive the Primera without the headlining in winter.... it started to rain in the car lol! Glass roof exposed wont be great in winter I would have thought, but if you keep the shutter closed I think it will be negligible. I would just let the aircon, in recirc and demist mode do its work, I find that aircon clears windows in a matter of moments, and if you leave it on it will clear the rears after a short while (although not as efficient as the front due to lack of blowers direct...).
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

The QQ's demisters are no worse than any other car and I suggest as SplanK says earlier make sure your air con is on it makes such a difference. I never turn my air con off even in winter as I prefer the cleaner air it seems to put into the car.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

It is on, I said it's poor unless the aircon set to "Max". And never use the recirculate setting, the aim is to remove moisture not keep it in the car. The air conditioner will
remove the moisture inside the vehicle by circulating the air through
the cold fins in the evaporator, which will turn the humidity in the
air, back into a liquid, and remove it from the inside of your car.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

my bro in laws 360 has the roof and he hasnt said anything about the condensationHe did though say in summer its realy hot and you need to keep it closedI am suprised though there are no air vents in rear of car by windows or in fact any rear ventilation
Deleted User 759

You would have thought these days rear vents would be common. If you look at the back of the centre console, there is an odd "void"/indentation which looks like a space for a vent for rear passengers!