J11 Bluetooth Compatible Phone List

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
veer01_42
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by veer01_42 »

Since purchasing my J11 in 2016 I can say Bluetooth functionality has been hit and miss.
After 3 phones, I can very well say that its luck of the draw.
For those who have J11s and know of problems with your phone and the J11 stock headunit.
Please post here so I can make a master list of phones and their issues.

Phones:

Moto X (Pure Edition / XT1575) = No issues running Marshmallow or Nougat. Perfect Functionality
Sony Xperia XZs = Partial Compatibility on Nougat. Track Skip Forward/Backward functionality does not work.
ZTE Axon 7 = Partial Compatibility on Marshmallow and Nougat. Track Skip Forward/Backward functionality does not work.
Samsung Galaxy S6 = No issues. Perfect Functionality
HTC One M8 = No issues. Perfect Functionality (Please note this phone has some issues syncing music from a pc to the phone)

For those who want to forgo this list you can always replace the qashqai headunit with na aftermarket unit with better compatibility and sound performance; I suggest you look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFg6vTOqZ4
Last edited by veer01_42 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Works perfect.
Samsung Galaxy S8 - Broken by Bixby.
veer01_42

Post by veer01_42 »

Daewar wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:39 pm Samsung Galaxy S6 - Works perfect.
What exactly did Bixby break?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Holding the call button on the stearing wheel, there is no sound cue for a person to speak to Google. The phone become unresponsive to voice commands. Bluetooth stops working such as spotify, phone calls, podcasts etc. The apps appear to work, just nothing comes out of the car speaker or the phone. Rebooting the phone fixes it.

I suspect Bixby is trying to interecpt the talk command. I could be wrong, its a hunch. Everything worked fine when I has the S6 with the latest Google apps.

Also, Bixby sucks, its close to usless and so sloooooow to respond.
veer01_42 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:04 pm
Daewar wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:39 pm Samsung Galaxy S6 - Works perfect.
What exactly did Bixby break?
veer01_42

Post by veer01_42 »

Daewar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:09 pm Holding the call button on the stearing wheel, there is no sound cue for a person to speak to Google. The phone become unresponsive to voice commands. Bluetooth stops working such as spotify, phone calls, podcasts etc. The apps appear to work, just nothing comes out of the car speaker or the phone. Rebooting the phone fixes it.

I suspect Bixby is trying to interecpt the talk command. I could be wrong, its a hunch. Everything worked fine when I has the S6 with the latest Google apps.

Also, Bixby sucks, its close to usless and so sloooooow to respond.
Interesting.

I have the base model head unit. Holding down the call button only brings up Nissan's hands free system which is terrible. Nothing I can press on my steering ever brings up google assistant.

Im guessing you have the nav unit? Probably with better steering controls too.

This is what mine looks like.

chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

HTC One (M8). Works perfectly. Pressing and holding the phone button allows me to say things like "send a text message to Mr XXXX saying "Hello" or "play Wonderwall by Oasis on spotify" and all works well.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T