Nissan battery

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
xfredx
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by xfredx »

Just had my Battery replaced under warranty[car is less than 2 yrs old] Would not turn over,showed message "Stop start failure" Nissan warranty[RAC] called out, said he carries new batteries for these cars because it's a very common fault with later Qashqai's,the battery can't cope with the large output from alternator!

Gel

Post by Gel »

Rather than starting a new thread, pse always use this FORUM's SEARCH box first; you can then add to one
of those threads.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Same issue here xfredx, but as Gel says you can find an in depth thread about this matter. Despite Nissan fitting a new battery to my 2 year old car under warranty, I am still having issues with a non functioning speed limiter and cruise control, so it's back on the phone to them tomorrow to correct an issue that they told me a new battery would solve!

If you have had a stop/start issue I would check to make sure everything else works on the car!

Good Luck

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Did any of you guys notice an increase in fuel consumption in the months leading up to the failure? I wonder if the car overcharges the battery when it starts to fail, therefor increasing fuel consumption.
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Hi Daewar

I can't say I noticed any increase in fuel consumption, and I actually have my doubts that it was my battery that was faulty. Despite replacing it, I still have an inoperable speed limiter and cruise control, something the garage said would be cured with a new battery! The car is going back into the garage on Wednesday to be looked at.
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

My QQ had cruise control/speed limiter failure at only four months old. It was a recognised problem with an air pressure sensor on the 1.6dCi engine, for which there was a technical bulletin (TB EC 15/04, AIR INTAKE TEMPERATURE SENSOR P0095). Fuel economy worsened while the fault was present. No problems since its replacement (Continental sensor replaced by a Bosch).

sensor.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Hi Hound

I found your previous thread about the air pressure sensor being faulty in relation to the inoperable speed limiter/cruise control. As my car is going in on Wednesday for a second time for this to be looked at, I have printed the post off and will hand it in to the service guys for them to consider looking at this. It might give them a head start, as I honestly think my dealer hasn't got a clue!

Thanks for the info.

Doug