Condensation Problem 64 Plate Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
dominicb2017
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by dominicb2017 »

Hi,

I know this has probably been covered before but have noticed that when the car is left for a while e.g. when at work and then get back into the car the car is all misted over and takes a while to clear, I put the A/C on to help clear it quicker.

What other methods do people use as I have seen that dehumidifier bags that can be used ideally I want something that I won't have to stick on my dashboard but can be in the car and still do the same job?

Any ideas what will help.

Thanks
Dom

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

If the car windows are misty before you get in, then it sounds like you have a water leak or the water drain for the aircon cooler maxtrix is blocked. If it only mists as you breath, then its normal for cold / wet days. turning on the aircon is a good idea.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dom, please take a look at these old posts as they might help you. We use the Henkel / Pattex Dehumidifier Packs which are on the small side but they do fit under the seats and do not obstruct passengers feet. Berlin can be a cold place with heavy frost and snow and in the winter we use Nissan Rubber high sided carpets which tend to trap water. Under the mats we place old newspapers which need to be changed frequently to prevent the moisture. Personally we have only had minor problems with condensation on the rear screen but this soon goes with the screen heaters the front heated screen is a real bonus. If the front screen mists we stick the Blower on Full which tends to clear it. Check you have no water laying around. Do not forget there were a lot of A/C problems with the earlier models ours was one of them that needed a new Condenser - Dave :)

viewtopic.php?t=3569&start=10

viewtopic.php?t=5490
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
davo145h
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by davo145h »

Put some good quality cat litter in a sock tie the end and put it under the seat I find it works wonders
dominicb2017

Post by dominicb2017 »

Thanks for that, I've had the air con checked by Nissan as when we brought it, there was no cold air which they said they changed a part and it now seems to work well. It doesn't take too long to clear the screen once it is misted up but it does seem other people get into their cars and drive off while im still sat there waiting for it to de mist.

I think I will try getting some of the dehumidifier packs to see how that goes.

Thanks all
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Another potential cause is I'm guessing you haven't changed your cabin air filter since new, so it's probably completely dirty by now. This stops fresh air reaching your window to clear it quickly.

This was my old and new last time I changed it on my J10. As soon as I did, it cleared the misty windows about 100x faster....

filter.jpg

My J11 is having trouble clearing the windows now, so I'm planning on doing it soon.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
dominicb2017

Post by dominicb2017 »

Do you know the location and if it is easy to get to, to change the cabin filter?
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Apparently on the J11 it's very easy, somewhere down near your clutch pedal if you remove the trim it just slides out.

On the J10 it was a nightmare involving removing the glove box etc.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Losi_8_boy

Post by Losi_8_boy »

Glovebox out on the j10 but it’s not that hard if you are handy with the tools
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Try reading this post it might well help - Dave 😊

viewtopic.php?t=5262
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken