Auto Door Locking

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Following all the complaints about the removal of the speed activated auto door locking on the new QQ this was posted on another QQ forum, I am sure they wont mind me showing it on here as it may help stop the continual complaints about Nissan taking features away from the car. As you can see it is out of Nissan's hands, so perhaps we can stop putting comments about this from now on based on your request from 04. 04. 2013, regarding information about the absence of "anti-hijack" feature in vehicle New Nissan Qashqai, we had received an answer from the Technical department of Nissan Sales CEE Kft. The answer is as follows:Removal of this feature is based on a new regulation, and vehicle new Nissan Qashqai is one of the pioneers not having such features, and all the rest of the manufacturers will follow this."Please note that there is an impact sensor to unlock the car in case of accident: a signal from the airbag unit is sent to the body control module to unlock the doors if they are locked at the time of a collision. BUT this system is not guaranteed to function in case the airbag or BCM wire is cut during an impact therefore we cannot get regulation approval."Based on the above, no manufacturers are supposed to offer such feature from mid 2015. We hope this information has been useful. If there is anything else that you feel we may be able to assist with, or if you would like a test drive in any of our models, please do not hesitate to contact us at Nissan Customer Support on 800 23 23 23. You may also visit us at www.nissan.cz for further details on any of our vehicles and for a selection of e-brochures.Yours Sincerely,Kl£ra Sobotov£Nissan Customer Service CEE
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jonceebee, thanks for this information just what these forums are about reading and informing as necessary. This was a good find. I spoke to our Dealer here last week and he also mentioned that there were New regulations but could not explain what. Another complaint ended - Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
korky

Post by korky »

It's an interesting one this - in such that I had always presumed this was a great safety feature that once you set off all your doors lock. However new regs will stop this.....I wonder what led to it?
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I'm not sure about their answer to be honest. Whenever a manufacturer references a regulation that has generated a change to their vehicles they usually quote the regulation concerned, so as to prove their point....Nissan haven't done that in this case.Also, when I google this I can only find regulation, from 2012, stating how such a system MUST work when the vehicle is involved in a traffic accident.I cannot find anything suggesting such a system should not exist on the car. It may well be that, as with many of these things, it's just really difficult to find....but seems strange not to quote it.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

It might well be a liability thing mixed in with the above.There was a lof of noise about the strengthening bars they put in doors about 10 or 20 years ago and how they were slowing down the emegency services ability to access RTA's.In todays "someone is always to blame" culture i expect the manufacturer will be on edge about getting their trousers taken down.
Nissan no more...
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Still not convinced lolA system that locks doors automatically top protect the occupants from accidentally releasing the door and falling out in transit and also stops potential issues with someone trying to access the car without permission; which also opens automatically in an accident...has to cover your backside more than any other option.I'd struggle so see any safety reason for the doors not locking if they unlock in an accident.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I think the point is they can't guarantee they will unlock in an accident.If you can't guarantee it and the law requires it you are liable if someone dies due to the delay involved.If someone locks the doors themselves, well that's their lookout?Personally, pushing a button bothers me not in the slightest.If i lived in South Africa, i mgiht think differently.
Nissan no more...
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Said it all along im happy this item isnt present I found it nothing but a distractionBut I dont believe thats why it was removed, lever marketing scanning around to find excuses for things missingAfter all if this was a serious safety concern wouldnt it be better to prevent the oor from locking when moving manualy?Are all the car manufactures removing this as I not Nissan spewing they first to introduce safety rules for the EU PMSL
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

OK All, this looks like it. I have just found this and this appears to be the reason for the Lack of Auto Door Locking on the QQ so again this looks like it is not a get out by Nissan. Here are just the basic Highlights if you want more then please read the attachment :

You may also have been told by your sales advisor that many new cars have had their automatic door lock feature deleted to comply with international safety regulations. As odd as it may sound, your sales advisor's explanation is correct.
The most noticeable change happened in 2013, when the UNECE regulation R94 and R95 pertaining to occupant protection in frontal and side collision was enforced.
The regulators at the WP.29 (World Forum for Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations) have determined that vehicle crash testing must be done with the doors close but not locked. After the impact, the doors must be able to open normally without any special tools. A spring-pull device is used to measure the force required to open the doors, it must not be more than 500 Newton.
The rationale behind this is that the vehicle occupants must be able to free themselves without any assistance. I hope this is of Interest and clears this point up - Dave

http://www.livelifedrive.com/malaysia/n ... me-with-it
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Good find.The article is well worth a read in general although it throws up some slightly weird logic.
Nissan no more...