2.0 ST-L 2018 Voice Recognition

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ali.mkhm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by ali.mkhm »

Hi guys,

I have been looking for an answer to my question with no luck.

I have just collected our Qashqai, 2018 2.0 ST-L in New Zealand (it is built in UK of course).

I can't make the voice recognition work and I am confused about this feature. All I am looking for is a way to send voice commands to the navigation system, so instead of parking the car and playing around with the Navigation, just use voice commands.

I have read some threads that I need NissanConnect on my phone; I gave it a try too with no chance, but why do I need a phone involved when I'm trying to communicate to the car's navigation system?!

I have also read the Manual without any success.

Any help or resource would be appreciate.
Here's the link for the vehicle by the way: http://www.nissan.co.nz/cars-vehicles/q ... riant=ST-L

The button is the one shown in the attached photo (though my steering is not exactly the same, it has cruise control buttons at the right hand side as well). I can post an actual photo later if that helps.

Thank you in advanced :-)
Regards,
Ali.

Untitled.png

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

As far as im aware tye QQ doesnt have voice recognition that enables you to do what youe mentioned.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

See other posts started by Australian owner of a new QQ on this (a long thread);
apparently this function disabled in J11B models as you have.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ali, this will take you some time to read but it will get you up to Speed on the Problem and there are many owners and countries involved. Please try to use the "Search" Area, I know it gets on peoples nerves mentioning this so sorry, but this is where the Facts are. I hope this is of some help Dave :)
PS I will post again on this later on one of the Posts :

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6067#p53196

viewtopic.php?t=5804&start=30

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6155
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ali.mkhm

Post by ali.mkhm »

Thank you everyone for your responses. It's no big deal though, just some simpler cars have this, pity Nissan should have removed this in 2018!