Xtronic Petrol & Diesel

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
geepee

Post by geepee »

Thank you TerryH, you echo my sentiments completely

Nissan Tech Support also told the Dealer that Diesel Xtronics DO NOT have engine braking as it is ONLY fitted to Petrol Xtronics, although as I said in my last post, this is a side issue as I have a Petrol Xtronic and it is not working on my car

Fortunately the Dealer Principle has a Diesel Xtronic so he knows it DOES have engine braking and can not understand Nissan's insistence that diesels do not have it

On Thursday, the dealer Principle and Service Manager tested his car and mine on the same hill and confirmed that engine braking worked on his car (diesel) and not on my car (petrol) so they are referring it back to Nissan, hopefully with more success than a mere customer

Will post again if this ever gets resolved

orlando

Post by orlando »

geepee wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 am Sorry, I got a bit sidetracked over Nissan Tech's lack of support

I should have asked owners of petrol xtronics to advise if their cars do have engine braking
The handbook of mine says so. Bought 2 weeks ago.
geepee

Post by geepee »

Hi Orlando

My handbook says it does too
Not impossible for it to be an error in the handbook ............

Can you confirm you have a petrol Xtronic and that engine braking is working on your car, ie going down a reasonably steep hill, does the Xtronic go to a lower ratio with a corresponding increase in rpm ?

If it does, this would be a valuable piece of info
I really need hard facts to present to Nissan

thanks
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Somewhat off topic since mine's a manual but there's no engine braking at all on my 1.2DIG-T. I don't like it having had two Fabias previously - both manuals - which had it noticeably.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
geepee

Post by geepee »

Thanks gloucester

It is specific to Xtronic gearboxes
combiman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by combiman »

I’m not sure this is what you are referring to , I have a 1.2 n connecta 2017 with CVT auto box, if I set the speed limiter to 30 mph and I go down a slight hill the speed increases with no foot on accelerator, a beeping sound warns me of the fact, there is no engine braking, my previous Citroen C4auto would maintain 30 even down hill . Hope this is of interest
Cheers Combiman
orlando

Post by orlando »

geepee wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:09 am Hi Orlando

My handbook says it does too
Not impossible for it to be an error in the handbook ............

Can you confirm you have a petrol Xtronic and that engine braking is working on your car, ie going down a reasonably steep hill, does the Xtronic go to a lower ratio with a corresponding increase in rpm ?

If it does, this would be a valuable piece of info
I really need hard facts to present to Nissan

thanks
Confess I haven't paid attention, or haven't been down such a hill to notice. I will pay more attention. I might add I live in Norfolk but before you laugh, Noel Coward wasn't completely right. :D
geepee

Post by geepee »

Hi combiman

It's nothing to do with speed limiter, it is meant to sense downhill, throttle closed and if speed increases, the xtronic goes to a lower ratio, same effect as dropping down a gear on a manual gearbox