Sad(ish) day yesterday as sold my QQ

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Well I'm leaving the QQ fold, after 4 years one month and 85,000 miles of J11 Qashqai ownership.

A kind of a happy / sad day, whilst the car was (IMHO) lovely to look at both inside and out and comfortable to drive (Wiltshire to Edinburgh non stop) I'm on the whole glad to see it go, I'd done something like 70k miles in the first three years of ownership but I've never had a car with so many niggles and things go wrong. Suffice to say where I work we have a couple of ex Nissan engineers who worked on the J11 and they were telling me that the J11 is earmarked by Nissan as the Nissan go to car of how not to do things! Funnily enough with out me even telling them any of my problems on my car they managed to list every single issue that I'd had. Lesson learnt from me, never be an early adopter for a new model (my car was built Dec 2013 and registered Jan 2014). I thought I was buying into Nissan build quality, appears in this instance I didn't and unfortunately that's tarnished my thoughts on Nissan an I won't be buying another one. Having said that, the ex Nissan guys here at work say that all these issues and niggles have now been sorted so please don't think I'm trying to put a downer on anyone who's picked up a newer J11 or J11E, I really do hope you're all very happy with your cars :)

After all that back in my throes of ownership I bought a spare wheel kit, that is now up for sale if anyone is after one. See the adverts section, it's a bit big to wrap and post if I'm honest though I may consider it if you arrange your own courier.

Happy motoring all and cheers 8-) 8-) 8-)

****SPARE WHEEL KIT NOW SOLD****
Last edited by Wheelie Bealie on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

WB what's your new mota going to be then?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Have picked up (or will have on Friday) a T6 Transporter Highline 2.0TDi DSG Kombi, will run it as an MPV type van for a couple of years while my lad is racing as it's easier / safer to carry expensive mountain bikes inside a van that on the back of a car, the plan in a couple of years time when he starts driving will be to convert it to a camper for myself and the lovely Mrs Wheelie Bealie to run away in at weekends :)
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)