Air conditioning low pressure contection

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Rds1
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rds1 »

Well the warm weather is here. Only got my 2014 J11 QQ in feb. Put Aircon on and thought not that cold. Must need a regas. Shot to Halfords to get re-gassed and chap came but their contection on the tester gauge did not fit. Had two so tried both. So wasted journey. Anyone else have same issue. Is Nissan different size to normal? Did think of buying one glad i didn't. Any feedback

un1eash
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by un1eash »

Sounds like you have the r1234yf gas, sit down when you get a quote for a refill. Its usually around £200.
Ink Blue J11B Tekna 1.2 Dig-T with Glass Roof
Rds1

Post by Rds1 »

Yes I have just checked. Answers questions.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Rds1, The QQ J11 started with the new, expensive R1234yf and needs different equipment to the Older Gas. If you use „Search“ you will find lots of facts on this subject, especially the possibility it might not be the Gas but it could be a Faulty Condenser which is a known fault by Nissan. Ours is a 2014 and we had a new Condenser installed - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Lindyhop

Post by Lindyhop »

I’m about to do battle for the 2nd year running with my Air con not working. So frustrating. In 2016 I was persuaded to have air con topped up by my dealer. The car being 2yrs old. In 2017 when it had its first mot but still under warranty, I made them aware it was not performing very well despite me paying the year before for a regas. They assured me no leaks etc and regassed FOC. Guess what, its not working again less than one year down the line. I now have to pay for another regas and test. I’m told it loses 30% a year !! So I should still have 70% right??
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just enter „Air Con Problem“ or the like in „Search“ and you will find the comments on this problem but there is a lot of reading. But it does prove that there was or is a problem and I would almost guarantee it is the „Condenser“ Problem but not many Dealers have jumped on this correction. I would suggest taking some copies of the Old Posts and question the Dealer or give NCS a call - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

My AC stopped working sometime within the last month. It was serviced on Thursday and I supplied a written statement thus as part of the leter I submitted:

5. Air Conditioning

I discovered just last weekend that the AC system is not operating – I believe at all. I think it was operating a couple or three weeks ago. Now there appears to be no cooling effect at all, albeit the ventilation system is working perfectly otherwise. It was stifling in the car today. There is extensive discussion on the internet about J11 models including my model year being fitted with faulty condensors – to the extent that at one time there was a backlog of repairs owing to replacement condenser availability being poor. Please DO NOT merely regas the system. I want to know why the system has failed and I expect the system to be put into full working order as a warranty claim at no cost to myself.

They have acknowledged the compressor is leaking and are treating it as a warranty claim - would otherwise cost £434.62.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, I like your attitude as that is about the only way to get things done, pressure and in writing it does work - nice one Dave :D