Paint Protection

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

its not too bad with older paint but to use it on fresh paint worries me although lots of people do itits like the old T cutting designed to clean anything off the paint even remove a very thin layer to flattern it outId advise caution you gotta be quite patient and skilled with that stuffWhen they make the lazy mans alternative like autoglym etc great shine almost idiot proof for me was way to go

bev 2311

Post by bev 2311 »

Donkey can u apply the autoglym one with a cotton cloth as mine didn't come with any application pad just the cloths
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

[quote="Ezz g"] Not worth it my opinion but i would rather do it myself and save the money. When I picked qashqai up a few weeks back I snow foamed it , followed by a coat of iron x then clayed, washed, polished and waxed it. I also treated fabric with super guard. But for what the dealer does and what they charge it's not worth it.
[/QUOTE] totally agree, I clayed aswell, loads of muck came off, all the dealer will do is protect the muck and grime, take alook at what you can do yourself http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... iling#5778
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Bev you can use a clothbut those round cotton wool cleansing pads wife used em to apply fake tan once is idelmutton cloth soaks up a lot of wax and the idea is to get it on the car ont have a soaking wet rag but if you cut the application cloth small your fineJust apply as you would with wax small circular motion dont go mad let it dry and buff it offdo 1 panel at a time out of direct sunlight but the key is the car paint has to be realy cleanWhen people compound or clay this its the best way but then thats a lot of work and you gotta have an eye last thing you want to do is burn the paint workGood thing is Bev as I said you wont use the whole bottle so if worst comes to worst you can always reapply it a week later if you get another bottleIm adamant the dealer wont apply it like an owner, they just wipe on wipe off as you wont noticed where you as a new owner will take time
bev 2311

Post by bev 2311 »

Great donkey thanks my mum uses those cotton pads I will be going round and rading her bathroom cupboards lol
korky

Post by korky »

I wish I had the time to clay the car and apply AG life shine etc. I'm get 'told off' for spending a good 2 hrs washing the car very now and then....

I do really tho need to wash my own car and give it some love...ever since having the little on nearly 11 weeks ago the car hasn't been touched - the alloys are black, exhausts ditched with soot and bodywork...well just filthy that people comment on how dirty my car is for me
Ezz g

Post by Ezz g »

Claying is fine on new paint but I'm no expert just someone who had my eyes opened to the world of detailing. I used a ultra fine clay with a water as a lubricant in a spray bottle. To be fair the car paint work wasn't to bad on pick up. I didn't find to much contamination after Iron x and claying. When I go past my local car wash I cringe when I see people taking new cars through it.
Ezz g

Post by Ezz g »

Yes Korky get those alloys off and give them some love and attention inside and out. Belated congratulations on your new arrival no wonder your car is a bit neglected.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Its fine to clay just id say hard work and as you know be carefulWere getting our cars almost with wet paint lol, I know they oven baked but the paint is still soft as they say2 hours to wash a car? dont you have Polish people taking over petrol stations charging £4 to spray dirty water and then ambush the car leaving it sparkling?Im not big on keeping my car clean i gotta admit to me a cars a car but then a bikes worthwhile
Ezz g

Post by Ezz g »

What only two hours to clean it you must be rushing . When i had the Kuga it took on average for a decent detail six hours but a bit less time with my Qashqai, much cleaner styling especially around the front bumper area and of course the pano roof one less panel to polish etc.