Which engine to buy - emissions?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
_Qashwai
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by _Qashwai »

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace/upsize my BMW 330d, as it's getting a bit long in the tooth, and without folding rear seats, is often quite impractical (fitting/removing roof racks every time I want to take the bikes somewhere is a chore!).

Doing my pre-purchase research on the Qashqai, it seems that there's a variety of reports about them having real world emissions levels waaaaaaay over the test/laboratory limits (I saw one report stating real world NOx output was 18 times(!) over that of the EU regulations! :shock: :shock: :!: ).

Now, I know the lab is nothing like the real world (anyone who's ever tried to match handbook MPG figures can confirm that!) , but part of my motive to change is to reduce emissions, but I don't want to find I've done the opposite and increased my carbon/NOx footprint, especially after taking such a performance hit already in leaving the 330d behind.

Does anyone know specifically which models/engines are the ones that perform so badly in terms of pollution? The articles I've read just groups them all in together as 'Nissan Qashqai', which isn't that helpful to a perspective (second hand) buyer!

I have done a quick search on the forum, but didn't see anything stand-out/obvious...

Thanks!
Joel.

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

No real world comments w.r.t. emissions but I would suggest doing research on here (and the various Juke forums) about the 1.2 turbo engine BEFORE committing.
Not entirely sure I will get another QQ, I might be swayed by a hybrid from Toyota or Mitsubishi next time round.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
KEITH321
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by KEITH321 »

HI. MY FRIEND HAS A QASH AND HE HAS TOLD ME THAT THE EMISSION LEVELS ARE THE SAME AS HIS 1991 VOLVO 960 TURBO.

H2H. KEITH321