Water in door?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Out in the rain again last night, and again noticed how poor the demisting was to my previous cars, had to use the "MAX" button most of the time to keep the screen clear.However, the car had dried off this morning but when I put my windows down and back up the drivers door window had a lot of water on it, front passenger door window had very little and none on the rear door windows. Anyone else noticed this or is just mine?.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Someone reported a faulty roof drainer mate that allowed water inside the cabin hereIf your talking of just water on window when you wind the window down thats always been a problem on every car ive had, go into car valeters they wash and dry the car you wind window dow to pay drive off wind window up and that window is wet and stainedCAn you be more specific on the water? is it filling inside the door or just making your window wet when you wind it down then upIs the water on outside of glass or inside?
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Didn't someone also report water inside the cabin that was eventually traced to a faulty air con unit?
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Just found the post by Doylo entitled "Mystery Leak" but the problem reported by Phaedra could be caused by something completely different.lythamlife2014-05-02 10:59:17
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Without more info its hard to think to be honestEarlier he had complained about windows misting up something ive experianced myself but thats down to the fact theres little air movement in the car at rear and to be fair in my case it had a wet overcoat on back seat so not sure if hes angle is to explain why hes cars mistingOut of respect i make no jokes at the moment about cars with misty windows.......
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

It's on the outside after winding it down and back up, compared top the other doors there's a lot more on the drivers door, about 4 or 5 times the amount over about 80% of the window. Maybe just a bad seal. As for the misting, my CRV had quite a wet inside windscreen at times but never had a problem with any of the door windows misting up, just leaving the air-con/heating system set to "Auto" would keep it clear. Every time I switched off the "MAX Demist" button (the one above the A/C switch) last night it would start misting up again even with the fan set to max speed, took about 10-15mins before it stopped misting up on normal setting. Other than that while others have mentioned wind noise from the mirrors mine sounds like road noise coming in through the door so maybe it's a badly aligned door, looks OK from the outside but it's def. noisier on the drivers side.If/when there's a software update for the disconnecting phone and no sound issues I'll get the dealer to take the car in and look at it all together.
phaedra2014-05-02 12:52:26
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)