Strange Cabin Noise

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaiHatch
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by DaiHatch »

Hi Guys,

I’m a newbie to the forum having bought a 2014 1.6 DCI Tekna last week. Sorry but i’m jumping straight in with a question of a strange noise inside the car and seems to be coming through the air vents of the car.

The noise sounds like a gas leak kind of sound and it happens fairly frequently over the last three days that I have had the car. There is no consistency when the noise happens and I have had the noise on start up, driving normally and when the heating system in on and off.

I’ve had a search on the forum but can’t seem to bring up anything relating to this noise, hence why i’m posting this new topic for some help on it please. I have read that there is a load of issues relating to the air con and not sure it linked or not but the air con is blowing warm air and not cold air.

I had to upload the video to YouTube and posted the link below. I hope you can hear it on the video over the normal road noise, you may have to turn the volume up to hear it.

If anyone can help it will be much appreciated.

Dave

paplane

Post by paplane »

Unfortunately air con condenser fail is a big problem on 2014 cars. Had mine replaced under warranty - lots of other reports on here too of others similar. When I presented the issue to my dealer they knew what the problem was before they'd even lifted the bonnet, they'd had so many back.

I had a whooshing gas sound on mine before I noticed there was no cold air.

Hope you got a warranty with the car - you should ask them to remedy this for you asap. Expensive fix I believe (£400+ just for the replacement part). Be wary of them suggesting a top up of gas - the gas is expensive and IMO there's more chance of the condenser having failed than gas having escaped by natural means.
DaiHatch

Post by DaiHatch »

Thanks for the response. I have read a bit around the air con issue on the QQ especially the 2014 models! I’m thankful that someone recognised the noise and could advise and confirm my initial thoughts.

I did get a warranty with the car and will be ring them this morning to try and get this resolved, got a feeling though that it won’t be an easy task. I hope that they listen and acknowledge that it’s not just a refil needed and the condenser is the actual issue.
m112

Post by m112 »

DaiHatch wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 am Thanks for the response. I have read a bit around the air con issue on the QQ especially the 2014 models! I’m thankful that someone recognised the noise and could advise and confirm my initial thoughts.

I did get a warranty with the car and will be ring them this morning to try and get this resolved, got a feeling though that it won’t be an easy task. I hope that they listen and acknowledge that it’s not just a refil needed and the condenser is the actual issue.
have you had any luck I think I have the same issue