Driving in France with a '14 Tekna QQ

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Question for you all... It is required by law when driving in France you must carry a number of bits and bobs. One of those happens to be an external light bulb replacement kit. However what happens when ALL of your external lights are LED type and the units are sealed for life? I have just checked on the '14 QQ Tekna and none of the external lights other than the fog lights are replicable, in fact, there is no way to get into the units without taking a hammer to them (or trying to split them by heating up the glue!) ...so other than the side of the road, where would you stand if you didn't have the spare bulb kit because there is no need?

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

you have to carry a spare bulb, dont pick a fight with a french copper mate they love to fine the British play dumb and produce a bulb kit even if it dont fit your car chances are they wont knowEvery person in the car must exit the car wearing a high viz jacket keep them in door pockets dont get out the car without them even if your on fire2 warning triangles will be needed and alert the police that the car bieng new and clever has EU approved headlight beams this is a point that worries me but when I spoke to dealer theres no way of altering the beam patternThe law states you must have at least 2 breathalizers with you at all times of the type approved by the French Police but currently this law is under review so although there is a law there is actualy no fine at this timeMy experiance of French traffic police if your pulled your going to get some sort of fine, they absolutely hate British for some reason ask any UK truck driver dont get into a row with them the advice is friendly smiles and express your love of France as often as possible
Donkey2014-05-02 19:43:39
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

A medical kit is also needed a green box will do marked with first aid even if it includes a plaster have one in your boot
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

oh, forgot to add, i'm not planning on going any time soon but the thought popped into my head about the Tekna model having none replaceable LED lights all around when I was speaking to a neighbour!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

the older cars had a lever you could flick to change direction of beamim told the QQ does not and those glue things you cover lights wont work with LEDs you just gotta hope they dont stop you its a worryI absolutely hate the French coppers your a sitting duck and the fines are just dumb and need to be paid there and thenIn Uk we afford our French brothers so much leniance but its not returnedIf they try and tuck up a German or Dutchman they get abused with us British they know we will pay so go in harderWhen using there payages its toll roads be careful as they have time stamps that if your too fast fine you at next toll The High viz jacket law came out in secret and caught a lot of people make sure there in your door pockets and are fitted before you exit the carThe pound shop ideal for this they sell all high viz jackets first aid box and bulb kits even though the bulbs wont fit make sure you take 2 approved triangles and if you towing a trailer its 3 at leastcant remember the fines for each offence not been caught for year it used to be 80 euros
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Have been stopped by French and German cops on several occasions when on bike and in car and they been ok actually. French cop did however ban my bro instantly for doing 155 mph on his sports bike as we headed back from a trip 2 years back but he deserved that and the instant 1000 euro fine!

I just carry a spare bulb kit which does not even have correct bulbs lol

TC32014-05-02 20:48:58
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

So if you are interested in Fines I read this up a couple weeks ago as from the 1st May here there are new fines and a point system in place and there was info' for all European Countries.
So for France you will find the following :
Drinking Promille 0,5 / Drink Driving up a‚¬135 / 20 km/h too fast up a‚¬135 / over 50 km/h too fast a‚¬1500 / Red Light Offence up a‚¬135 / Overtaking Offence up a‚¬135 / Parking Offence up a‚¬15 / Handy Offence up a‚¬135.
I hope this helps just be careful, it is a shame the QQ cameras do not pick out the Cops - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

lol 1k ouchI suppose he deserved it but in hes defence most French roads are easily able to achieve that speed lolabout 6 years ago we went to Bulgaria before they came into EU, that was funny it was so obvious all they wanted was a fine (bribe) but it was affordableI got pics of old Lada polce car in my rear view as it goes following me to a check point Just out of interest Tony how long your brother get banned and was it upheld by UK?
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Donkey he got a 1 month instant ban. Had to get it towed to German border. No it did not affect his licence in UK but these days things like that will affect your UK licence I believe.

Hopefully he will behave when we go for a 10 day trip in June staying in the Alsace region and Luxembourg to ride the twisty mountain roads in those areas
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here are some Driving Requirements for France which I found on an AA PDF document :
GB Sticker Compulsary unless GB is on your No. Plate
Warning Triangle 1x in some EU Countries now 2 Required
Warning Jacket 1x in some EU Countries a jacket for each seat is required
First Aid Kit No (we have to have them here and we have to have First Aid training and stop and help at an accident)
Fire Extinquisher No (I always carry one you never know when it is needed)
Headlamp Adjustment Compulsary but no mention of spare bulbs
Radar Detectors Forbidden
DRL's Recommended
Breathalyser Compulsary should have one approved by French Auth. stamped NF No. but after 25th Jan 2013 no fine for not carrying one.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken