AC Problem

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

I was a bit shocked and disappointed that the Nissan dealer I took mine to a). Didn’t have a Condenser in stock given it’s such a known and common problem and b). They had to apply to Nissan HQ to authorise for this Warranty work to be done.
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Baker69, I can understand your frustration when ours went down we were told a week but it was delivered from Amsterdam a day later :D . There appears to be a specific method of covering parts under Guarantee and our Service Guy has to inform Nissan and get the nod for the Part & the Man Hour’s before going ahead. Also the faulty part normally has be returned to Nissan for Analysis. You are correct about holding stock on known faulty parts but when you put the Business Hat on, who wants parts laying around, high costs and taking up space especially if it is a none Nissan Dealer. This is not a critism of your comment it is just the way it works. You would think that if a Quality Problem arose on Specific Parts they should be Rejected and taken out of circulation as the correction of QQ’s and the paperwork must cost a fortune - Dave :roll:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Hi Dave, yeah I understand they have to follow certain procedures and protocol, but known problematic parts like these condensers aren’t going to be sitting on the shelves for very long, even if they only kept 1 or 2 in stock.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Being a Japanese company Nissan probably fully embraces the business principles of "Just in time" and so do not hold stocks of parts which aren't required on a regular basis. As Dave says, it's just the way these things work and I guess it saves individual dealerships money in that they don't have to stock pile stuff (which may be bulky and/or expensive) that they don't regularly use on routine servicing..
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Going by this thread alone they must be ordering these condensers on a regular basis.

It seems like either they had a bad batch or they’re all like it and in time will all fail at some point or other, if so should it have been a vehicle recall item?
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I had a two week wait for mine to be done

Recalls are only for safety issues generally.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Baker69, you comment rung a Bell. When our 14 QQ had it’s Condenser replaced in July 16 it was put down to a Bad Batch. I have just done a quick Search and found QQ Models from 14 / 15 / 16 are involved, which is a pretty “Big Batch” although it is possible that different Suppliers were involved.
It would have been easy to get the facts together, but many Members have not stated their their full QQ details such as the year, this is a point Gel raises often and it would have helped - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

The fact that the condenser has become 'porous' is not down to mechanical breakdown or faulty workmanship it's an issue with the material itself and as such I imagine it could well be from a faulty batch from a particular supplier.

As Gloucester has said earlier, recalls are more in relation to potential safety issues, but you would have thought that Nissan would have checked these out when they have the cars in for service or perhaps ask owners to bring them in to be checked?

Perhaps they're hoping the condensers will last at least until the end of the warranty!
switchback

Post by switchback »

Mine was replaced this week, a month before the warranty expires.................
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Bluey59

Post by Bluey59 »

Anybody had any success with Nissan CS replacing or contributing to replacement condenser?
My AC ain't working and the car is 9 months out if warranty :-(
Its booked in for annual service and investigation (diagnostic) of AC problem next week, Im anticipating bad news and a fruitless battle with Nissan CS.
2014 Blade silver 1.5 dci NTEC