AC Problem

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Bluey59

Post by Bluey59 »

Daewar, if you're considering keeping the Qashqai for longer I would definately consider an extended warranty.
Since mine expired (31/12/2017) my FIAMM battery failed (stop/start error) Nissan CS, true to form, dismissed replacement FOC as it was outside the warranty period (by a mere 2 weeks!!!), fortunately my local main dealer replaced as a goodwill gesture with me having to pay about £80 for the diagnostic.
Then theres the recent air con condenser failure, now thats £580 for the repair.
I have now taken out a comprehensive third party warranty as my experiences since owning this car do not give me confidence that I can envisage trouble free motoring going forward
As a matter of principle I would not give Nissan anymore of my cash for an extended warranty, they were exorbitantly more expensive anyway.
Can't wait till next year when this hunk of junk will be off loaded.
2014 Blade silver 1.5 dci NTEC

KEITHH
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by KEITHH »

Hi Guys.
I joined the forum because I have some information which may save members lots of money on air con repairs.
I have a 2014 Qashqai 1.5 diesel which is obviously out of warranty. As members probably know, there is a problem with the air con condensers.
This failure must run into thousands of cars.
I had my problem looked into 3 months ago and was told it needed re-gassing. Despite protestations that there was an inherent problem, I ended up paying £150 for the re-gas.
Of course, 3 months later the air con is not working again.
The dealer supposedly contacted Nissan who agreed to pay half the cost. Not happy with this, I raised a complaint with Nissan customer services,
Tel 01923 899999.
I spoke to a very nice lady there who said this should not arise as dealers have a budget in place from Nissan to pay for the condenser repairs. She has raised a complaint against the dealer for trying to con £364 out of a loyal Nissan customer!
So, long story short- Nissan recognise the air con problem and are happy to pay for it. If you have a greedy dealer who kindly agrees to pay only half, make sure you stick to your guns and threaten to raise a complaint with Nissan (number above)!
Hope it helps!
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi Keithh,

Very much appreciated advise.
KEITHH wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:26 am Hi Guys.
I joined the forum because I have some information which may save members lots of money on air con repairs.
I have a 2014 Qashqai 1.5 diesel which is obviously out of warranty. As members probably know, there is a problem with the air con condensers.
This failure must run into thousands of cars.
I had my problem looked into 3 months ago and was told it needed re-gassing. Despite protestations that there was an inherent problem, I ended up paying £150 for the re-gas.
Of course, 3 months later the air con is not working again.
The dealer supposedly contacted Nissan who agreed to pay half the cost. Not happy with this, I raised a complaint with Nissan customer services,
Tel 01923 899999.
I spoke to a very nice lady there who said this should not arise as dealers have a budget in place from Nissan to pay for the condenser repairs. She has raised a complaint against the dealer for trying to con £364 out of a loyal Nissan customer!
So, long story short- Nissan recognise the air con problem and are happy to pay for it. If you have a greedy dealer who kindly agrees to pay only half, make sure you stick to your guns and threaten to raise a complaint with Nissan (number above)!
Hope it helps!
Bluey59

Post by Bluey59 »

KeithH
Here's the total inconsistencies with Nissan CS, I contacted them directly following the main agent diagnosing my condenser failure, the case manager assigned to my complant did not acknowledge this as being a recognised issue and at no stage did he state that there was any contingency fund set aside for such out of warranty claims, indeed he was quite adamant that their offer of 50% contribution towards the condenser cost only was extremely generous, I begged to differ :-).
Have you had a successful claim settled with Nissan?
2014 Blade silver 1.5 dci NTEC