AC Problem

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I would suggest that you show them this Post and perhaps then they will accept that this is a Manufacturing Problem and not a Customer one related to lack of Servicing. This is a Quality Problem related to the QQ and NCS & the Dealer should acknowledge that even if out of Guarantee and bet your life there is a Nissan Document available refering to this problem - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

The condenser was finally replaced last week (nicely co-inciding with the end of the hot weather), so everything is working fine now.

I didn’t realise that any warranty work carried out is only guaranteed until the end of the warranty period so if it fails again after January 2019 I’m stuffed.
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic
Fireman4076
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Fireman4076 »

Mine was 10 months out of warranty and Nissan replaced it free of charge a couple of weeks ago, we were picking up a new micra so that helped our case . I contacted Nissan cc and did most of the discussion with them, my local dealer inspected it and agreed it was faulty and reported back to Nissan, they offered 75% of parts cost first but I asked for more and they covered it all.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Quite a few others have - possibly reported in this topic or similar ones. Some completely covered others partially.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

When I collected the car and asked about the warranty on the new condenser they said it was only covered until the end of the vehicle's warranty (i.e. January 2019), but had I contributed towards the cost of the work I would have received a full 12 months warranty. I'm not sure how much of a 'contribution' that involved as I was not even offered that option!
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic
bobbyblade11

Post by bobbyblade11 »

picked a 15 plate qashqai last week noticed that air con not running cold called back to dealers and then they re gassed it , hope that solves the problem
Bluey59

Post by Bluey59 »

Car back from dealers following service and air con diagnostic.
As expected the condenser is the problem, failed seam.
Nissan Wirral, who did the work have been excellent and advised me to contact Nissan cs to pursue some form of remediation.
Having contacted Nissan CS they have appointment a case manager who contacted me within an hour of me initially raising the issue and he advised that he would liase with Nissan Wirral with a view to coming to an amicable solution to the problem.
As the car is out of warranty I was expecting an outright refusal to contribute anything, so so far I'm pleasantly surprised.
I'll leave my final judgement until they come back to me next week.
2014 Blade silver 1.5 dci NTEC
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bluey59, it looks like you are on the Right Path definitely Nissan know the Air Con problem and in most all cases it is not the Gassing but the Condenser that is leaking / faulty - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bluey59

Post by Bluey59 »

It appears that my faith in Nissan CS doing the right thing was sadly misplaced.
Following a protracted series of conversations with my Case Manager , to paraphrase him, failure of condensers is not unique to Nissan and after all what should I expect from a car that is over 3 years old (3yrs 8 months to be exact).
He was astounded that I was not absolutely delighted with the very "generous" goodwill offer of contributing 50% of the condenser cost.
There followed a very unpleasant , unprofessional exchange where his manner became extremely confrontational and aggressive I think that I must have touched a raw nerve in my criticism of Nissan quality control, customer service and the total disregard for their customers.
I'm resigned to having to fund the repair myself, having told him where to stick his "goodwill", the real irony.... the garage couldn't give me a date for the repair because the condensers were on back order as they have been deluged with Qashqai's needing repair.
Can't believe that Nissan would forsake it's reputation for such a paltry (for them) sum, this has been my first Nissan it will definately be my last, I ll let my feet do the talking, my advice to anybody considering buying a Nissan....DON'T DO IT!
2014 Blade silver 1.5 dci NTEC
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Its not just Nissan, you will find a similar attitude with BMW / MINI also and probably many other dealers / manufacturers. For the first time ever I'm thinking of purchasing an extended warranty for my QQ. I have never done this in all my years of motoring.
Bluey59 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:20 am It appears that my faith in Nissan CS doing the right thing was sadly misplaced.
Following a protracted series of conversations with my Case Manager , to paraphrase him, failure of condensers is not unique to Nissan and after all what should I expect from a car that is over 3 years old (3yrs 8 months to be exact).
He was astounded that I was not absolutely delighted with the very "generous" goodwill offer of contributing 50% of the condenser cost.
There followed a very unpleasant , unprofessional exchange where his manner became extremely confrontational and aggressive I think that I must have touched a raw nerve in my criticism of Nissan quality control, customer service and the total disregard for their customers.
I'm resigned to having to fund the repair myself, having told him where to stick his "goodwill", the real irony.... the garage couldn't give me a date for the repair because the condensers were on back order as they have been deluged with Qashqai's needing repair.
Can't believe that Nissan would forsake it's reputation for such a paltry (for them) sum, this has been my first Nissan it will definately be my last, I ll let my feet do the talking, my advice to anybody considering buying a Nissan....DON'T DO IT!