AC Problem

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

I had the exact same problem blowing hot air out and making a hissing, dealer said they did a aircon service and it is fine now.
From what I can find the service is
AIR CONDITIONING CLEAN £19.99
AIR CONDITIONING RECHARGE*** £119.00 includes only vehicles requiring R1234yf gas
POLLEN FILTER £45.00

Mine was done under warranty after I had a stand off with the dealership and got in contact with Nissan, there is clearly a problem with Nissan aircon systems, a car should not need regasing after just a couple of years I have had other Brands 9 years old and aircon working like new with no maintenance.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Whilst its been mentioned above, aircon clean, Hallfords diy tin for £10. Did mine last week and it works a treat. Takes 5 to 10 mins.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Baker69 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:27 am Someone else has written that the new expensive fluid was on models from 2017 onwards, is that correct? Mine is a 2016.

No - the change came at the launch of the J11 in 2014.

Mine was replaced under warranty in early May 2018 - I gave them written instructions - this is part of the four-page letter submitted at the service in April:

5. Air Conditioning

I discovered just last weekend that the AC system is not operating – I believe at all. I think it was operating a couple or three weeks ago. Now there appears to be no cooling effect at all, albeit the ventilation system is working perfectly otherwise. It was stifling in the car today. There is extensive discussion on the internet about J11 models including my model year being fitted with faulty condensors – to the extent that at one time there was a backlog of repairs owing to replacement condenser availability being poor. Please DO NOT merely regas the system. I want to know why the system has failed and I expect the system to be put into full working order as a warranty claim at no cost to myself.

Replacement condensor fitted two weeks later - no charge to me
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

Thanks guys, I’m going to phone up on Monday and get things moving!
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic
Fireman4076

Post by Fireman4076 »

Same issue, mine was out of warranty by 10 months. I contacted Nissan cs first, had it inspected by Lookers Chester (no cost) and they agreed the faulty condensor.
Discussed with Nissan cs and they have agreed to cover 75% of parts cost. Wife’s just picked up the new Micra so I argued we were loyal customers, Nissan have since agreed to fully cover the cost of replacement condenser and labour.
drewk1
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by drewk1 »

Mine is going in Wednesday to have the air con looked at.
2016 1.5d Tekna.
It's blowing cool but not cold air and the driver side is noticeably warmer than the passenger side.
Have had an email from the aftersales manager saying it will investigated under warranty but I'm prepared for
an argument if they start adding costs as it should be this inefficient on a car not even two years old.
Wish me luck!
2024 Qashqai MH Tekna
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Drewk1, this is a known Nissan QQ problem (Condenser) and there is a very long post on this Forum on the subject. If you have a problem with your Dealer just tell him to read the Post or even make a copy for him - Best of Luck Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

I took my QQ into Nissan for them to have a look at the AC and they have confirmed that it is (as suspected) a faulty condenser. They said that they inject a type of dye into the system and it has shown up leeching from the condenser which they say has become porous. They're just waiting the go-ahead from Nissan HQ so that they can order the parts and get it booked back in to replace it.

I'm a bit miffed that as this is a known problem they don't carry these things in stock?

I got them to do a service as well while it was in for inspection and they have identified (totally unrelated) a small oil leak on one of the main seals so they're going to do that at the same time as well (under Warranty also). Apparently the gear box has to come out to get to this so they need the car for 2 days to do this and the aircon repair.

Should get the aircon repaired just as all the hot weather finishes no doubt.
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic
drewk1
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by drewk1 »

Mine went in today for investigation.
They found the gas level was very low. A refill and leak test showed the condenser was leaking.
They offered to repair it while I wait under warranty. Two hours later I had a new condenser fitted plus another refill and successful leak test
Now I have a fully working air con system with the same temperature air coming out both sides.
Very pleased with the service from Desira in Norwich.
2024 Qashqai MH Tekna
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Drewk1, good to hear that you got it sorted out in time for this weather. We are glad ours is still working as here we were up to 39*C this week and we have been running the AC down to 17*C with the Panoramic Roof closed. I think at last that these AC problems whatever they may be, seem to be Condenser related and Owners should get the problem sorted ASAP before the Guarantee problems arise - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken