Dust etc inside speedo and tachometer binnacle.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

Having only had my QQ a few days I noticed today that I was unable to remove smears and dirt on the dashboard binnacle as it’s inside on the plastic/glass?
I was surprised as it’s only done 6000 Miles and a year old, I’ve never had this before on any car.
You seem to be able to prise the plastic cover on each one up easily and there’s an obvious air gap where muck can get in.
I rang the dealers and he said to bring it in, but it’s a 60 mile round trip so I’ll hang on until I’m passing, but it looks awful, anyone else had this on the MK7?
I’ve tried the search function on here but can’t see anything.
S.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Trout, take a look at this post Duncho has added some instructions on polishing and how to remove the Panel - Good Luck Dave :D

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4388&p=57876&hilit ... ent#p48226
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
trout

Post by trout »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:16 am Trout, take a look at this post Duncho has added some instructions on polishing and how to remove the Panel - Good Luck Dave :D

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4388&p=57876&hilit ... ent#p48226
Thanks very much Dave, appreciated.
Mines a different problem I think, as the dirt/ dust is on the inner part of the lens which I can’t get at, it’s filthy.
I don’t fancy removing all the clips etc to try and get at it as I may damage something, I’ll have to go back and show them.
Steven.

EEA7D49D-F5A0-4421-8F18-2220DA2EC24F.jpeg

1838646F-5FF5-433A-8925-7473A0DA5286.jpeg

CF06A2A8-72ED-4355-9AB5-C7141D93DBE5.jpeg

A8E5CD9D-E16D-4CA6-B333-8D1B87184E4A.jpeg

trout

Post by trout »

I’ve sent the above pics to the dealer in the hope he can order a new one ready to fit when I take it back.
Every Mark streak is on the back of the plastic.
Steven.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Trout, that is disgusting to have on a relatively new vehicle, if that got through Nissan QC and the Dealer PDI then somebody needs to be spoken to. Is it dirt or dust or could it be surface marks from Molding. In production molds are generally cleaned at set times with a spray cleaner to get rid of any gas marks on the steel surface from the hot molten plastic and then wiped which restores the steel back to a polished or mirror finish. It could be that this part was falsely packed and got through QC but generally there is a Robot Takeoff with this type of part to prevent this, but sometimes it happens - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
trout

Post by trout »

Hi Dave, no I think it’s happened since it left the factory, it’s dust and streaks internally, it was a very bright day when I picked it up from Lookers Nissan in Carlisle.
I thought it was external until I got home and realised, I wish I’d mentioned it now.!
The valet was very poor though, I’ve just removed several marks from the upholstery and elsewhere, he wanted £399 for a Guardex treatment but I refused, so they must have just given it a quick wipe over?
The windows all round including sun roof were all dirty.
You live and learn.
Steven.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steven, if that is just Dust it looks like it has been driven through a Cement Plant :lol: . If you want to improve you Windows & Panoramic Roof then I would recommend splashing out on some RainX - hope it gets sorted Dave 😊
trout

Post by trout »

Just a quick update on this, the dealer rang me this morning and asked me to take the car back on the 20th August so they could look at it. They won’t order a new one before they see it even though the pics make it obvious what’s wrong.
I only got the car last Thursday and I now have to wait two weeks, I wasn’t happy and spoke to the general manager at Nissan Carlisle, he has now agreed to pick the car up on Monday morning and leave me a courtesy car while they sort it.
How long it will take is anybody’s guess but it’s an improvement.
How on earth this got past the valeting dept I’ll never know, perhaps they thought I just wouldn’t bother.?
Rather taken the cream off my new car experience, otherwise the car is fine, well it is now I’ve removed six marks from the upholstery and given the whole interior a decent clean.
S.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The chromed plastic rings only sit on the clear plastic which is one piece from edge to edge, they wouldnt let dust in even if they seem a little loose.
To be honest, some of the marks on your photos look like they are actually on the outside, not the inside. Their orientation indicates someone has been heavy handed, possibly with a gritty cloth whilst polishing. Marks like that would certainly be visible but you wouldnt be able to feel them, hence they appear to be on the inside. Either way, I hope your supplying dealer sorts it out for you.
trout

Post by trout »

They picked the QQ up this morning to sort out a new binnacle and left me a new Kadjar, very nice to drive, obviously very similar. Not as many toys as mine and only 390 miles on the clock, hope to have mine back before the weekend.
S.

1A2D58A0-73B6-4E1D-AD82-6C6265207481.jpeg