New Qashqai nt connect

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Nedmcg
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Nedmcg »

https://www.nissanconnect.com.au/en-au/ ... patibility

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CarPlay
Not android as you quote
With car play you can stream wirelessly all music and certain apps also the head unit controls volume etc as previously stated the blue tooth on new Qashqai does not control volume on phone so if phone volumes low then call volume is low it merely just acts as an extension speaker not as a hands free system not like their older models at all

It was listed as having car play but didn’t have it as like many things they quoted was false advertising

Nedmcg

Post by Nedmcg »

https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... phone.html

https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... rplay.html

What do connected services offer?
New NissanConnect system has full smartphone integration giving access to a range of projected upcoming music, social networking, entertainment and travel apps. NissanConnect is also Google-enabled featuring send-to-car (allowing users to send a satnav route to the vehicle via their phone) and up-to-the-minute information on fuel prices, hotels, restaurants and other points of interest. NissanConnect also includes voice recognition, Bluetooth audio streaming and mobile phone integration as well as Aux-in and USB slots.

As posted all missinterpitation (streaming music from via Bluetooth )
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

What is offered & what you get are 2 different things.

For the most part, the connect apps are totally useless. Anyone fancy twittering whilst driving? I guess not!!!!!!!
Nedmcg wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 pm https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... phone.html

https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... rplay.html

What do connected services offer?
New NissanConnect system has full smartphone integration giving access to a range of projected upcoming music, social networking, entertainment and travel apps. NissanConnect is also Google-enabled featuring send-to-car (allowing users to send a satnav route to the vehicle via their phone) and up-to-the-minute information on fuel prices, hotels, restaurants and other points of interest. NissanConnect also includes voice recognition, Bluetooth audio streaming and mobile phone integration as well as Aux-in and USB slots.

As posted all missinterpitation (streaming music from via Bluetooth )
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Great that you got success Nedmeg - however you are incorrect as I've previously mentioned - you CAN stream music over Bluetooth, with some phones. Also you are incorrect in saying that the Qashqai has been advertised as having CarPlay - and you haven't been able to provide any proof.

Perhaps gvmdaddy's daughter ought to take hers back too :)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

gloucester wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:22 pm Great that you got success Nedmeg - however you are incorrect as I've previously mentioned - you CAN stream music over Bluetooth, with some phones. Also you are incorrect in saying that the Qashqai has been advertised as having CarPlay - and you haven't been able to provide any proof.

Perhaps gvmdaddy's daughter ought to take hers back too :)
Perhaps the reason my daughters doesn’t have Apple CarPlay is because it got factory fitted reversing camera which we were told only comes on the Connect Unitsmot the CarPlay ones!
Nedmcg

Post by Nedmcg »

Well it is possible you may be able to stream music from other phones I wasn’t prepared to go buy a selection of phones to prove that theory in my situation I couldn’t as for car play this is now 2018 and most modern cars on market today are set up to accept the most popular phones on market and not need for connecting usb cables not work on the assumption we all have older phones that could possibly work

The earlier models of Qashqai could and hands free worked with no issues and it seems they went back the way instead of forward with technology as the new system seems like a blue tooth header for extension speakers not hands free as you cannot control phone volume telling ppl to pull over to make a call but you can sit on face book or twitter and euro sport whilst driving really sounds idiotic to me

A system that only works through yet another app and not through your actual phone . If you connect via cable yes sounds very modern

And a play with words to let people think they can . A big lesson learned there. Even Nissan engineers and their support ridiculed this new setup .and if you read numerous forums on this subject you will note I wasn’t the only one disappointed .

My three gripes were for this new model.

1 .the hands free system (non existent) steering wheel button decoration only
2 . Basic satnav maps two yrs out of date yearly updates Aug, always two yrs out of date
3 the auto lock (which was disabled in the ecu ) and got resolved if I hadn’t got the heads up in ref to pressing a door button lock it I wouldn’t have known and been stuck with it .

Best wishes to you all and thank you for the input it’s been enlightening .
Michel81

Post by Michel81 »

This post seems to be a sensitive subject. Bit useless discussion also.

Nedmcg, wish you alot of happy driving miles in your Seat arona and alot of fun on the seat arona forum
2015/2017 J10 Qashqai Connecta 360 black 1.2
03-2017/08-2018 J11 Qashqai Connecta Gun metal grey, designpack 10 year anniversary model. 1.2
08-2018 J11b Qashqai Tekna, design pack, led head lights, chestnut bronze, 1.2 Xtronic
Finland based
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

You WOULD have known about the door locking if you'd read the handbook, I'd suggest.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nedmcg, perhaps you have seen this, perhaps not but it might be of interest to you :
https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... y/faq.html

Michel81, I second that it is getting repetitive !

Gloucester, just a question as you no longer have your QQ is the “Suzuki Ignis” Forum as active as the QQ Forum ?
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Michel81

Post by Michel81 »

Correct Dave.
Think the Suzuki Ignis forum is not very active... ;)
Or QQ forum is just too nice to forget and let go..
2015/2017 J10 Qashqai Connecta 360 black 1.2
03-2017/08-2018 J11 Qashqai Connecta Gun metal grey, designpack 10 year anniversary model. 1.2
08-2018 J11b Qashqai Tekna, design pack, led head lights, chestnut bronze, 1.2 Xtronic
Finland based