New Qashqai nt connect

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Sorry but I'm going to HAVE to say at this point it's very difficult actually working out what you're trying to say most of the time! No wonder I might be misinterpreting what you're meaning. Let's try again with your latest diatribes if I've worked them out correctly:
Nedmcg wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 pm Well firstly to correct your statements in Nissan website it states iPhone 8 etc is compatible with Nissan if you check nissans list of compatible phones ...
Please post the URL - I've posted the one I could find and it DOESN'T state compatibility.
Nedmcg wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 pm ... why put a button on steering wheel to select call if it don’t work for android or Apple ...
Because it doesn't HAVE to work with Android or Apple in order to perform the required functionality. Admittedly it's a problem in the J11b getting this button to work - but it's NOTHING to do with smartphone compatibility.
Nedmcg wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 pm ... as for car locking the buttons on doors and boot is for opening car not locking ...
Are you REALLY sure about this. No one else on this forum as far as I am aware has mentioned this to be a problem. Perhaps you'd post links to where they have. Hence I conclude if your car isn't locking when you press the button on the door or hatch then YOUR car is faulty!
Nedmcg wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 pm ... in most modern cars nowadays hands free is hands free no need to take phone from pocket or bag nissans new policy to get apps etc is plug in via usb using their connect app free for two hrs then you have to subscribe ...
Incorrect - on a lot of cars you HAVE to plug the phone in to get full Android Auto functionality. I suggest you look at this article:

https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/2675 ... can-use-it

If you’ve got a Pixel, Pixel 2, or 2015 Nexus phone, you now have Android Auto wireless support. You almost certainly do not have the necessary hardware in your car to do wireless projection. A cable has been required because the phone runs Auto and just shows the UI on a screen — the car doesn’t have anything to do with it. Android Auto’s wireless mode is not operating over Bluetooth like phone calls and media streaming. There’s nowhere near enough bandwidth in Bluetooth to run Android Auto, so the feature used Wi-Fi to communicate with the display.

No cars roll off the assembly line with support for wireless mode in Android Auto, and only a handful of costly third-party head units have it. You’re looking at a minimum of $600 for a head unit with support for wireless mode, and that’s before installation costs. Newer cars won’t even accept non-OEM head units without a lot of expensive modification

Nedmcg wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 pm ... satnav maps two years out of date you can buy a tom Tom for £100 with free lifetime updates Nissan brings map update out every August with maps already 2 yrs out of date and charge £120 for the privlage you wont see that advertised...
Unfortunately that applies to most car manufacturers it seems. A friend reported Honda charge £190! The mapping received with my new Ignis is out of date. At least with Nissan you do get free (albeit out-of-date) upgrades for three years.
Nedmcg wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 am "YOUR WORLDS.
With NissanConnect EVO, New QASHQAI becomes your smartphone’s
best friend. Featuring new, more intuitive graphics, you can access
your music, driving eco score, Facebook newsfeed and TripAdvisor
tips. The basic app package is free for the first three years and the
NissanConnect EVO system will also keep you in the loop with
Bluetooth hands-free calling, audio streaming, digital radio (DAB+)
and an iPod/USB input."

As you quoted above again I will point out false advertising on your behalf
Only apps allowed are Facebook ,twitter,Eurosport ,and trip adviser,through Nissan connect app via usb registered through your cars vin number and only free for two yrs not three as stated yes great graphics there lol
You can’t stream music through via Bluetooth in new Qashqai unlike many cheaper models of other brands the leader being ford who allow reading out of texts etc true hands free systems
The Bluetooth function in new model only allows you call receive ignore and contact list via screen therefore having to keep touching screen is same as phone in hand in my book the buttons on steering wheel allow you to end call the make call bottom with voice command button only brings up phone menu on screen unlike its older models and has to be the worst hands free system to date in any car .many thousands have reported this failure if you take time to read other forums and as reported Nissan and car salesman have quoted Nissan said they are working on it and may need a firmware update which is unlikely .
As far as I can see there is nothing actually false in Nissan's statement you've copied out. It's merely very carefully worded to account for the limitations of the system.

It IS free for three years (at least) - you have to re-register but there's no charge.

You are WRONG to state bluetooth music streaming doesn't work - at least in respect of my experience in a J11a. I could stream music from both my cheapo Medion Android phone and my ancient Nokia windows phone - albeit only in sequential track order. But both phones WOULD stream music. I didn't use the Medion phone for texts but certainly my Nokia's texts WOULD be read out by Connect and I could reply by voice.

The only thing different about the J11b Connect system that I believe other people have reported is the non-functionality of the steering wheel button.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

UK, the carplay button on the steering wheel does work to make a call with an iPhone as long as the phone is attached by power cable and has 'hey Siri' permanently abled.
Soya
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Soya »

After free subscription, will the Satnav still work?
Last edited by Soya on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Tekna 1.6 Dig-T 163
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Soya wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:05 pm I think the Connectivity is quite misleading because the brochure has big icons of FB, CarPlay and Android Play. And yet, all I read in the forum is NO such smartphone BT connectivity.
Please show us where "the brochure has big icons of FB, CarPlay and Android Play." I have never seen anything except the recognised Nissan Connect apps - which includes a pathetic minimalist version of Facebook.

Soya wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:05 pm After free subscription, will the Satnav still work?
Yes of course - the sat-nav doesn't need a phone at all to work.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

The only Nissan car available in the UK that has CarPlay appears to the MY17 onwards Micra Acenta - but NOT lower OR higher grades.
Note also the following:

https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... y/faq.html

Why do I need to use a USB cable with my iPhone?

Apple CarPlay™ currently requires the use of an Apple Certified USB cable.

Can I still stream Bluetooth audio for iPhone?

Bluetooth Audio cannot be used from the device that is plugged into USB and running Apple CarPlay™. You can stream Bluetooth audio music from another device. You can select Bluetooth or other sources.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

gloucester wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:55 pm The only Nissan car available in the UK that has CarPlay appears to the MY17 onwards Micra Acenta - but NOT lower OR higher grades.
Note also the following:

https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... y/faq.html

Why do I need to use a USB cable with my iPhone?

Apple CarPlay™ currently requires the use of an Apple Certified USB cable.

Can I still stream Bluetooth audio for iPhone?

Bluetooth Audio cannot be used from the device that is plugged into USB and running Apple CarPlay™. You can stream Bluetooth audio music from another device. You can select Bluetooth or other sources.
It’s actually the Micra Accenta Special Edition. The standard Accenta has the normal Nissan Connect software.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Well I'm going by Nissan's online configurator which reports for the standard Acenta:

Audio and Navigation
USB port with iPod connection
Bluetooth®
Advanced Drive Assist Display (5" TFT coloured screen)
7” Touchscreen Display Audio
AUX socket for MP3 Player
Smartphone App integration and Apple CarPlay®
4 Audio speakers
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Nedmcg
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Nedmcg »

Ty for your quotes on mentioned subjects as now my issues have been resolved and questions answered by Nissan today after spending a whole day at dealership who took car in and found the ecu unit was not programmed properly now allowing door buttons to lock and unlock and windows to auto open or close with key for which I never noticed also as I sat there they phoned Nissan re,phone issues and they said they are aware of issues and stated they are working on a new firmware for this unfortunately can’t do a recall it’s up to individuals to request this update and no longer advertise hands free as it does not comply with UK legislation in having to take hands off steering wheel to operate phone and quotes it’s why they advise people to pull over to make a call thirdly they can’t comment on sat nav as it’s been their practice for many years ...the dealership has took back ownership of vehicle due to it having done less than 100 miles and have placed order for aroma se tech lux which if not for badges would be mistaken for a Qashqai tried blue tooth functions all work streaming music hands free calls etc even allows texts to be read out sat nav is tom Tom which can readily be updated ...at home on pc via sad card many thanks to all and best wishes ...
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

gloucester wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:17 pm Both the Acenta and the Acenta Limited Edition have CarPlay:

https://www.nissanretail.co.uk/new-niss ... ra/acenta/

acenta.JPG

https://www.nissanretail.co.uk/new-niss ... d-edition/

acenta LE.JPG
Well my daughter has the 18 plate Acenta and it doesnt have the Apple CarPlay!