Harsh ride on Qashqai in inner city roads.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Pedro500
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Pedro500 »

Hi Folks,
Just got a 2015 plate Qashqai with 40k miles recently. It's 1.2 Xtronic N-Tec plus model.

I think it has 18 inch wheel but the ride I find is harsh on not to smooth roads in London. I test drove the car in smooth roads in outer London but I find it disappointing that it struggles in London streets, given that is usually one of it's strongest quality; smooth ride.

Not sure what the problem is, if there is a problem. Do you guys think by 40k miles, any parts needs to be have been changed to maintain its smooth ride, like shock absorbers? I wasn't keen on 18 inch wheels, but this model comes with panoramic sunroof which we like.

I have to say I am not happy with the low speed bumby ride on many of local roads on this car, which are not smooth and being a high riding vehicle it has more impact. I can test the tyre pressure to see if it has the right pressure but apart from that is there anything I need to check in service history to ensure important stuff were done?

Apart from slight rattle from Driver side passenger dashboard, which I am seeing the dealer soon, where I bought the vehicle, the ride quality is disconcerting.
Last edited by Pedro500 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gel

Post by Gel »

Lower your pressures by 3 pound and if you're still unhappy you'll need to change tyres to different make: Michelin I hear are softer but may compromise your mpg.
Also you can modify steering settings by going into driver controls.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Baker69

Post by Baker69 »

I have 19” tyres on my Tekna and I find them very uncomfortable except on better road surfaces. Before buying the Tekna I road tested an N Connecta model with 18” tyres and it was noticeably a smoother ride.

As Gel has suggested, perhaps it’s your tyre pressures?
J11-2016 Tekna 1.5dCi Bronze Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As mentioned above just as a guide 1>3 or 4>5 people. We have the Tekna and find it OK on the normal roads with the 19” Tyres but in and around Berlin there are still a lot of “Cobbled” Streets and then you do not need to pay for a Massage :lol: - Dave :)

7D1F7290-D48E-4209-B586-FEE005000B12.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mr_FX

Post by Mr_FX »

As above i have the 19" on a new tekna and find the ride realy good they give me a good feel of the road that is the whole point of sports tyres. if you like a grandad ride then buy a higher walled tyre to take the impact of harsher roads simples. :D :D :D
Pedro500

Post by Pedro500 »

Thanks for the reply folks.

The car just had a service with dealer before during prep for the sale to me, but will check for the Tyre Pressure.

During 1 week of ownership, I had alarm go off twice during the night. I read on the internet the car has ultra sensitive detection, so there must be an insect movement in the cabin. Can I turn it off but still maintain the alarm feature?

Does alarm go off even if you insect movement in the bonnet or elsewhere apart from the cabin. Luckily both times it happened late in the evening, when I was watching the telly, otherwise it would have annoyed the neighbors.

On a side note, does anyone know how to or if there is a feature to release the boot lock, from the driver's seat

Thanks.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

You’ve gone off topic somewhat but, the alarm will activate if an insect is in the cabin area not the boot or engine bay. Disabling the ultrasonics still leaves the car alarmed if the perimeter is breached, and the boot cannot be released from inside the vehicle, certainly not on the J11a.
CrashQai

Post by CrashQai »

Pedro500 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 pm Apart from slight rattle from Driver side passenger dashboard, which I am seeing the dealer soon, where I bought the vehicle, the ride quality is disconcerting.
Did you ever fix the driver's side rattle? Mine has an annoying rattle that seems the happen at around 2000rpm in first or second gear when the engine is cold, and sounds like it's coming from behind the driver's side dashboard.