In love with my QQ

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Chrissya

Post by Chrissya »

Collected this morning, and I love it. It drives so smooth and driving position is really good. It has to go back next week as somebody must have lifted the wiper arm and has taken some paint off. Good job I read about that on the forum or I might not have noticed the damage. Going to Bournemouth for the weekend so it will have a good run. Will post some photos when hubby has cleaned and waxed it.
Chris

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

lol nice to see you got him working, but leave the waxing until after the paint job or the painters will be cussing you all that silicone lolremember on that trip to Bournmouth loads of rev range dont sit at one speed to long get that engine opened up and nice n hot you will love the car
Chrissya

Post by Chrissya »

He can wax most of it but just leave the damaged bit untouched. The pearl black shows up the water marks where the garage didn't dry it properly. I didn't get any goodies on hand over but they are going to fit some mud flap for me as compensation.
Chris
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

crikey mud flaps now thats what I call a hustler well done!!!!
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Lifting the wiper when cleaning is just "instinct" and you can completely forget that you need to put it into maintenance mode! I did it the other day, although thankfully I only raised it a short distance and before any damage was done! PITA especially when your mind is in auto mode! I can g'tee that there will be a significant amount of cars out there that need to have the wipers raised will end up with paint damage!
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="SplanK"]Lifting the wiper when cleaning is just "instinct" and you can completely forget that you need to put it into maintenance mode! ![/QUOTE] With you all the way on that comment, I've yet to cause any damage but it's simply a matter of time I'm sure. Now that is a design fault IMHO, but obviously stuck with it and at least the knowing will prevent any blame or name calling.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Its not a design fault though... its *BY* design, the Juke is the same. Its to ensure that the wipers are below the bonnet line for additional pedestrian safety (so their head goes straight into the glass rather than into a rather pointy winscreen wiper!). It also aids aesthetics so you don't have big ugly wiper on view from either outside or inside.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Cause and effect or form over function perhaps? All the points are perfectly valid and yet 'we' can damage the car - that's not really right so it would have been far better if a little bit of time had been spent to prevent the damage. Not life threatening though so it won't especially bother me but it will certainly annoy me when I do the deed one Sunday morning.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.