Leaking water in driver's footwell

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Paulleo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Paulleo »

Had my Qashqai 7 weeks now. I have noticed droplets of water on the carpet where your foot rests off the clutch.

I have searched this problem and have come to the conclusions of either leaking air con or windscreen.
I drove for 2 hours in torrential rain last week and only a few drops of water were there which leads me to think it must be air con.

I have booked it in to my local dealer (my first impression is good) for tomorrow for investigation, so I will update this topic.

As the car is under 2 years old he said it will be a warranty job unless someone has been fiddling and removed something they shouldn't have.
2017 1.6 dCi N-Connecta J11 Blade Silver 18"Wheels

Paulleo

Post by Paulleo »

UPDATE,

Just got a call from the dealer. It's a split in the heater box causing the leak.

Part ordered under warranty. 7-10 days lead time.
Bobq

Post by Bobq »

I have the same problem, on two occasions in the past six months I noticed small droplets on the carpet just to left of clutch pedal. This only happened when it was raining and I was using the air con to keep the windscreen clear. The rain wasn’t heavy, more of a fine drizzle but the water built up to a depth of about 15-20mm in the footwell. Ended up turning air con off and just using windscreen fast clear to keep screen clear and then baling out the water and drying it out. Took car into dealers yesterday and they have booked the car back in next week to strip out and examine the heater box, which if it is the culprit will be replaced under warranty. They say they will need the car for two days as it takes a while to strip it down. They said they could get the parts over night. Will update after it’s done.
Paulleo

Post by Paulleo »

Turns out it wasn't just a split heater box. When they removed it another fault was apparent. They didn't say what but it is being fitted next week under warranty. I will update next week.
Paulleo

Post by Paulleo »

Bobq wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 am I have the same problem, on two occasions in the past six months I noticed small droplets on the carpet just to left of clutch pedal. This only happened when it was raining and I was using the air con to keep the windscreen clear. The rain wasn’t heavy, more of a fine drizzle but the water built up to a depth of about 15-20mm in the footwell. Ended up turning air con off and just using windscreen fast clear to keep screen clear and then baling out the water and drying it out. Took car into dealers yesterday and they have booked the car back in next week to strip out and examine the heater box, which if it is the culprit will be replaced under warranty. They say they will need the car for two days as it takes a while to strip it down. They said they could get the parts over night. Will update after it’s done.
Interesting. My dealer collected my car at 9am and planned to have it returned to me the same day.
Bobq

Post by Bobq »

Finally getting round to post the solution to my leak. Car went in on Thursday morning and I was advised Friday for completion. Got a call on Friday saying they had managed to get water in but still didn’t know where it was getting in and would need to keep the car over the weekend and hopefully it would be resolved on Monday. As it turned out I didn’t get the car back till Tuesday but at least they found the leak. Apparently the bulkhead consists of a sandwich of metal and sealant and there was a gap in the sealant which was allowing water to drip through and then track along to a suitable dropping off point above the drivers footrest! So far so good, I’m glad they persevered to find the cause and hopefully it will not return.
Bobq

Post by Bobq »

Spoke too soon, after a full days rain on Sunday all was still dry and I was feeling quite good that the leak was resolved.on Monday drov about 20 miles to my friends house and parked the car up while doing some remedial work in his house, left after 5 hours and drove to my daughters 10 miles away and noticed on arrival that the floor was wet! Checked under the mat and was horrified to discover the footwell was filled with about 20mm of water. Have reported it to dealer and car is booked in again for the 22nd October, will update after investigation.
Paulleo

Post by Paulleo »

Well my saga is still on-going. I took the car in for a second time once they had the correct part only to be told it would take 2 days( We were told one!!). As we were going away the next day with the caravan we had to postpone.

They said they would ring the next week but didn't. I rang and was told when the loan car becomes available in two days I was next in line for it.

That was two weeks ago. Still waiting for a call back.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

This could be made into a comedy, such muppets. Time for a new repair agent :(
Paulleo wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:18 pm Well my saga is still on-going. I took the car in for a second time once they had the correct part only to be told it would take 2 days( We were told one!!). As we were going away the next day with the caravan we had to postpone.

They said they would ring the next week but didn't. I rang and was told when the loan car becomes available in two days I was next in line for it.

That was two weeks ago. Still waiting for a call back.
Paulleo

Post by Paulleo »

UPDATE........They finally called on 5th November and we took the QQ in on Tuesday 6th. Today, 1 week later the car is ready. To be fair they provided us with a courtesy car and have kept me informed by phone of the progress (or lack of it).

Wifey is picking it up tomorrow and fingers crossed no more soggy footwell.