Delivery next week

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Rundmc

Post by Rundmc »

Been advised my lease car will be delivered next week.

However I have noticed the vehicle was registered about a month ago when I check the free reg checkers. I thought I was getting brand new.

From where it was registered if they deliver by driving it I would expect couple hundred miles on it is this normal or would they use transporter ?

People's thoughts as I thought it would be under warranty for the full lease period as I don't know what nissans policy is 1 month out ?

I will need to check its bodywork even more thoroughly now. The wiper issue is that the underside of the bonnet that gets damaged or the top side ?

Qashqai 1.5 dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue since 13/05/14

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Hi there...My QQ is my 5th leased car but only my first arrived by transporter...the others were all driven to me from where ever.Your lease contract will run from the date of delivery, not car registration, and any delivery and pre-delivery miles will be removed at the end of your contract.So for example, if it arrives with 200 miles on the clock the delivery driver makes note of that which is on your documentation and his. If you had a 2 year contract for 10,000 miles per year and at the end of 2 years the clock read 20,100 they would record you as having completed 19,900 miles and be within contract.So, unless it arrives with a ridiculous amount of mileage on it I wouldn't worry about the mileage or the lease period.Do, however, give it a really good check over inside and out, including under the hood. Anything that looks like even a slight issue take a photo and make sure the delivery person makes a note on the documentation before you sign it.Hope that helps.Mark
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Rundmc

Post by Rundmc »

Thanks for your comments kramrolyat70. I went with the same company as you in the end as there was very little in it and had seen your comments about them and someone on another forum.

I can't wait now until next Tuesday to get my hands on my new toy.
Qashqai 1.5 dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue since 13/05/14
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Cool...fingers crossed it all goes well.
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]Hi there...My QQ is my 5th leased car but only my first arrived by transporter...the others were all driven to me from where ever.Your lease contract will run from the date of delivery, not car registration, and any delivery and pre-delivery miles will be removed at the end of your contract.So for example, if it arrives with 200 miles on the clock the delivery driver makes note of that which is on your documentation and his. If you had a 2 year contract for 10,000 miles per year and at the end of 2 years the clock read 20,100 they would record you as having completed 19,900 miles and be within contract.So, unless it arrives with a ridiculous amount of mileage on it I wouldn't worry about the mileage or the lease period.Do, however, give it a really good check over inside and out, including under the hood. Anything that looks like even a slight issue take a photo and make sure the delivery person makes a note on the documentation before you sign it.Hope that helps.Mark[/QUOTE]Mark,Would you agree that the same applies in all respects to those of us who have a PCP with a fixed annual mileage and having the car delivered from some distance away or are there subtle differences between leasing and PCP.Thanks
lythamlife2014-05-07 15:28:50
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Hi,I've never done PCP but I believe, only my understanding mind you, that they are all regulated in the same way.So in short I'd say yes.I don't think you'd be liable at all for any mileage put on the vehicle before you signed for delivery; just in the same way as you aren't liable for any damage it sustains before you take delivery or indeed insuring it for the delivery driver.Just my understanding of it mind you...not an X SPURTMark
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Mark,Thanks for that. What's your view about the situation/liability with respect to faults found post-delivery especially if the delivering Dealer is not my local Dealer? Granted the owner has a responsibility to give the car a checkout on delivery but it would be difficult and extremely time-consuming if darn near impossible to examine every aspect of the newly delivered car.
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

My guess would be anything mechanical or easily identified as a fault is always covered by the warranty.Dents, scraps, scuffs and the like I'm guessing is a bit tough luck as they can happen any time....if not spotted during delivery hard to prove when they happened.I have heard of people approaching dealers anyway and them agreeing to resolve the issue free of charge as the car was new and "possibly" damaged before delivery...but I'm guessing that's at the dealers discretion. I'm also pretty sure that it doesn't matter what dealer it came from and goes too, as long as they are both Nissan Main/authorised dealers.