QQ Acenta Premium Wheel confusion

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

So was speaking to my lease agent about the Tekna wheels and how they make it look right and he mentioned that a few people who had leased and ordered the AP had told him that once delivered the car had the wrong wheels on it. So after further investigation it seems that the people who ordered had used the car configurator on the Nissan UK website and when they built their cars with AP spec it actually showed the 19" Tekna Wheels! Naturally there is nothing the leasing company can do so their recourse is now with Nissan who seem to have put on a disclaimer now stating wheels are from Tekna etc.....
So question is has anyone on here thought about that or had a similar experience? Will Nissan be able to honour and upgrade to Tekna Wheels? Food for thought...Also googling "New Nissan Qashqai Acenta Premium" does indeed show a large number of the pics with the Tekna wheels!!!!
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Sadly they will get nowhere with such claims. It is not just Nissan who show off their top of the range model on brochures, web pages etc. I suppose you need to read the specification of the car you are about to order to be sure, and the lower than Tekna model do state 17 inch wheel as part of the package for that model
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

The only ones that come up in google images using that exact term and that have those 19" alloy wheels on are obviously teknas.The reason i say that is they all have the roof bars, the under mirror cameras, as well as the additional parking sensors on the front wing edges.Now a layman might not know that but i've googled lots of things that have brought up random, related and weird things.Car configurators online are usually hopeless, loo at the briskoda (yeti) forums and you'll see a litany of gnashing teeth and whails of upset.My view is that "stock images" are often wrong.Quite often so are the "spec" on many manufacturers websites, see auto folding mirrors, active headrests and automatic door locking in Nissans case.Sadly it isn't unique to them and i suspect that answer will be pretty much sorry but tough.
Nissan no more...
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

But I can see it from their point of view. Their configurator is pants, simple as. If I go to Audi or BMW and click and option the car immediately updates to show that model, ie SE shows smaller wheels and the S Line shows me the correct S line sportier wheels. What is the point in having a configurator if it is now showing the final spec of the car?

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Contigo, you are absolutely correct that on the Nissan UK Website it does show the Acenta Premium fitted with Tekna Wheels but if you look at the Spec it does actually state 17" Wheels with a nice little Green tick. I have checked the German Spec called a Acenta + and this also states 17" Alloys with 215/60R17 Tyres. There is a tendency for manufacturers to show their Cars in brochures with all the Bells on as a first Off Visual attraction - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Fortunately perhaps, the sale of goods is still able to accept that people make mistakes and for that reason an advert is treated as an 'offer to sell' and in just the same way you as the buyer can choose not to purchase, so the seller can choose not to sell to you. Best demonstrated by the example of a pair of shoes that are advertised in the window of the shop for sale at £10, whereas the real price should have been £20. That would be, and hopefully was, a mistake by one of the sales staff and not an attempt to deceive. Not saying that anyone here is looking to take advantage (of Nissan) but it wouldn't get far.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]Contigo, you are absolutely correct that on the Nissan UK Website it does show the Acenta Premium fitted with Tekna Wheels but if you look at the Spec it does actually state 17" Wheels with a nice little Green tick. I have checked the German Spec called a Acenta + and this also states 17" Alloys with 215/60R17 Tyres. There is a tendency for manufacturers to show their Cars in brochures with all the Bells on as a first Off Visual attraction - Dave [/QUOTE]
Now don't quote me on this but apparently they have added that and also the disclaimer saying different models show etc.....

Contigo

Post by Contigo »

I realise they all do it, take this months WhatCar for example and the small SUV group test feature, all of them pictured on the front are true to the test meaning that the ones on the cover are the ones used in the test apart from you guessed it. The QQ pictured is once again the Tekna model and the one in the test is the AP. I think Nissan should have sold all QQ's with the 19" rims.
Contigo2014-05-08 16:31:44

Sqashqai

Post by Sqashqai »

I've got the same model-I think the 17s are a big plus point over 19s. It'll improve the ride and make it more pothole proof! Tyres will be much cheaper.
Granted, the 19s give the car a better and more sporty look. (and they were more expensive). I'd just enjoy what you have!