Reliability

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Jason1664
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Jason1664 »

Hi guys im looking at buying a 67 plate 1.5 or 1.6dci at the weekend, bit worried about the poor reviews on autotrader though and i was interested to see what anyone's experience is like with the current model, i used to work at nissan and had 3 mk1s on the nevos which were no trouble at all, had a mark 11 which had a problem with parking sensors but otherwise ok , also is it worth getting the 1.6 or ir 1.5 better

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I don't think there is any problem with either of these engines. Apparently the 1.5 is a little more refined and economical with a belt driven valve system. The 1.6 has more power and torque, a bit more vibration and a chain driven valve system.. I have the 1.6 and its perfectly fine.
Jason1664 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:29 am Hi guys im looking at buying a 67 plate 1.5 or 1.6dci at the weekend, bit worried about the poor reviews on autotrader though and i was interested to see what anyone's experience is like with the current model, i used to work at nissan and had 3 mk1s on the nevos which were no trouble at all, had a mark 11 which had a problem with parking sensors but otherwise ok , also is it worth getting the 1.6 or ir 1.5 better
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I've found my 1.5dci fine, and probably yields slightly better mpg; additionally when I
bought in 2014 it qualified for zero road tax, as it continues to do :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Jason1664
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Jason1664 »

Cheers guys, have either of you had much trouble in general since you bought your QQs
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I have a 1.5 dci and I have covered about 25000 fault free miles at approximately 60mpg covering everything from motorways to farm tracks. The front tyres are starting to look like they need a refresh but that’s no surprise. 19 months of completely trouble free motoring.

When I read the reviews which talk down reliability I assume that I have what used to be called a "Wednesday car" (i.e. not a Monday morning or Friday afternoon car - notoriously dodgy).
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I have had my 15 dci for two years it has never let me down
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi

My QQ is about 2 1/2 years old and I have had a few warranty issues.

• The main stopper was with the FIAAM battery that has now been replaced, the car would not start out of the blue, no warnings prior to the fault. Its well documented and should not return.
  • I've had a squeaking driver seat that was replaced.
  • Intermittent rattle from the passenger door area that was not resolved. Its very minor.
  • 3 wheels replaced due to corrosion.
  • Occasional miss reporting of the parking sensors and blind spot warnings, mostly when its raining or heavy snow. I have not reported it or expected a fix as its a weather thing.
  • Rattle from air intake pipe fixed with a tie wrap
Other wise the QQ has been mechanically very reliable.
Jason1664 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:10 pm Cheers guys, have either of you had much trouble in general since you bought your QQs
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

These were the physical issues I'd had with my car between purchase at 8 months old and sale at three years old:

Stop/Start hardly EVER working despite mentioning it each time it went in for attention. After prevaricating they replaced the FIAMM battery - no change. I used to call it the "out of county" Stop/Start since it only started working and then very briefly after a run of at least 30 miles.

Three wheels changed on delivery after it transpired that the four photographs of wheels in the advert were NOT the wheels on the car - DESPITE the photos I'd downloaded from the website being tagged with the registration number !!!!! I found that rim protectors had been fitted and underneath the alloys were damaged!

Lump in driver's seat turned out to be a misplaced sensor. The sales staff had refused to accept this as an issue and it was only when the service staff investigated that the fault was found and rectified.

AC condenser failed - replaced under warranty just before expiry.

Alloy wheel replaced owing to corrosion - but only more than 12 months after I'd first reported it!

Steering bush replaced owing to noise at base of column

2013 Maps replaced in 2018 even though my car didn't qualify for annual upgrades - replacement was 2016...

Driver's side blind spot coming on when not detecting anything - and not just when it had been raining. The passenger side one was fine. The garage said they couldn't do anything about it since they couldn't replicate the fault.

I also had other "dealership problems" such as these from the letter I submitted with the three year service:

I record that I received no reminder from Wessex Garages that my car was due a service
around now. I keep getting marketing emails from Wessex so clearly the email address you
have for me on file is working, and the phone number you have for me is also still current.
Do you not send out reminders?

I record that I made an online service booking on the evening of Saturday 14 April via your
website for Tuesday 17 April AM, and when I hadn’t heard anything by Monday 16 April
lunchtime I came in, sacrificing my lunch hour, to find you had no record of that booking. I
was also advised that the workshop would already have been fully booked at that time
anyway despite the website allocating that timeslot. I rearranged the service for Thursday 19
April.

I have tested again making a trial booking online on Wednesday 18 April at 9.00pm and was
offered an AM slot on Thursday 19 April which surprised me – I suspect you don’t have
availability immediately the next day! It seems strange that after you had been notified that
your online booking service wasn’t working properly on Monday 16 April, it was still running
in potentially a defective state on Wednesday 18 April.

I was not offered a courtesy car which I understand is an inherent and standard part of
Nissan Service Care when I booked the service – either the abortive online one or the one I
booked in person - and when I pointed out that fact at the service desk I was advised that a
courtesy car would not have been available. Surely you should ask if one is needed before
finalising a booking? People might turn up expecting a car to be available since the cost of it
is apparently included in your service charge. Fortunately, I work within walking distance and
hence don’t require one (please feel free to deduce the cost of provision of a courtesy car off
my bill!)

I did at least receive an immediate text message after the face-to-face booking – that stated:

“Wessex Garages: Your vehicle xx00 xxx is booked in to our Gloucester Service
Department 19 Apr 2018. We look forward to seeing you then.”

Please note no time is given. I then also received an email confirmation which reads:

We are pleased to confirm your booking at Gloucester Workshop. Full details of your
booking are listed below:
Booking Details
Date: Thursday, 19 April 2018 at 09:00
Vehicle Details: xx00 xxx - Nissan QASHQAI

Whilst your vehicle is in our workshop we will carry out our Wessex Vision video health
check. Please provide your Service Advisor with the best contact mobile telephone number
and email address for the day of your visit.

Assuming no additional work is identified we expect your vehicle to be ready on Thursday,
19 April 2018 at 17:00.

Despite the fact it says 9.00am I didn’t think that would preclude me bringing it in earlier – I
interpreted that as the latest time I could bring it in. I always deliver my car to yourselves at
opening time – I’ve never been given a time to attend previously at Wessex or other
franchised garages. I’d said “I’ll be in first thing” or words to that effect.

I was thus dumbfounded when I was telephoned today to confirm the service and that I was
to attend at 9.15am and not a minute earlier! I repeat I’ve never been given a time to attend
previously and that time is in any case DIFFERENT to the time stated in the email! When I
remonstrated I was advised that I could in fact take my car in at 9.00am. Subsequently I was
told I could actually take it in at 8.30am! That was because someone else was bringing theirs
in at 8.15am – that’s 15 minutes PRIOR to your advertised opening time! At least that is I
believe the time noted on your door – your website seems to state 08.00 but I’ve already
proved it cannot be trusted.

I am submitting my car for a Minor Service – you have agreed to do this for the £199 quoted
at your website (https://www.wessexgarages.com/nissan/se ... vice-care/)
AND at Nissan’s website (https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... ervicecare.
html) rather than the £215 quoted at Wessex service reception (I realise that later figure
is also quoted at your website but why your website is quoting conflicting prices defeats my
understanding). I also looked up several other Nissan garages and they were all quoting
£199 too.

I did query the fact that 12 months ago a Minor Service would have cost only £159 and in
2016 it was only £149. Low service costs was one of the reasons for getting a Nissan
compared to, say, a Land Rover. That’s an enormous price increase in 12 months. I was
initially advised all prices are going up etc etc but it was then admitted that the pollen filter is
now replaced yearly rather than biennially. I requested the service be done without the
pollen filter being replaced (obviously for a lower cost) and this was refused. I still maintain
that a car that’s only done 5,000 since the pollen filter was replaced previously shouldn’t
need it replacing again.

Incidentally I also don’t believe I have any proper documentation relating to the “1 year’s
European Roadside Assistance worth £95” also advertised as included in the service
package either from when I bought the car in 2016 (when a service was carried out before
delivery) or after the service last year. I have a sticker with the handbook noting numbers to
call and there’s mention of a one year extension in the 2017 “Service History Summary” but
no explanatory information. I have discovered outline information at
https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... assistance.
html but I need detailed information in written form in the car for when there might
be a problem. Please provide.

It then took me several phone calls and visits over a period of one MONTH to get costs for the Extended Warranty - which came in much higher than other people were quoting on here.

I'd had enough - to be honest more because of the dealer issues than the actual car, which I loved - I sold it !!!

I love its replacement (see below) too bought from a dealer which clearly cares about its customers, which was delivered with no defects, and on which four months later no warranty issues have arisen. Great little car!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)