Broken Down - 2014 QQ 1.5

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Timp

Post by Timp »

Hi All,

I've been driving the new 1.5 2014 QQ for 3 months now and have been happy but thought my little story was worth a mention here.

To keep it short: We went to do some shopping and when we were leaving the starter motor didn't turn over straight away but the car started. No big issue but did notice it. Got to the biggest roundabout within miles at 5pm, the stop-start kicked in but then when it was time to go the engine didn't turn over, nothing. Powered down, tried to start again nothing (did this repeated, still nothing). Obviously put hassards on. I had my wife and two kids in the car (one a 4 month old who started to cry). I then pushed the car as close as I could to the inner curb to help elevate traffic flow. People still thought that hooting and shouting out of their window would help us but it didn't (not like we decided to stop to stretch our legs - lol).

Anyway, two nice guys saved the day by pushing the car out of the big circle and I managed to get the car into a side road.

I kept getting an error saying that there was a stop / start fault. Called Nissan (who were very good to be fair) and someone was out within 45min.

I checked out everything with the mechanic as I'm fairly technically minded and we were both surprise to find that one of the solenoid terminals on the starter motor had come right off. It's secured with a 8mm nut normally so how this bypassed the Nissan factory was something amazing and the nice RAC man was baffled. Not a great experience but really happy it could be fixed there and then.

Also on a side note when the car was delivered it came with 47 PSI all around on the tyres (normally 30 - 33 psi) so the dealer got that a bit wrong.

Happily driving again but wasn't that thrilled. I did phone Nissan after the experience and again to be fair someone did phone me back the next day with apologies and a promise of investigation but that was it.

I doubt anyone else has had similar issuesa€¦

The end.

Tm

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

There does seem to be problems with some fastenings not being secured or tightened properly at build. I have had some, which I corrected myself and I have seen comments from other posters of similar issues. Are these problems down to robotics, build engineers not concentrating or perhaps even the wrong type of fastener being used which is not up to the job.I can foresee a number of issues being flagged up for dealers to look out for coming from Nissan Head Office before long, which they will check out on service visits
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

This and the coolant hose that wasn't fastened properly seem to be the most "catastrophic" in regards to the car coming to an abrupt halt.There does seem to be a lot of "lose screws" generally, which i suspect are down to humans and not robots but i guess it's hard to be 100% sure these days.I wasn't as impressed as Nissan wanted me to be about a "new car" born every 61 seconds.It sounds like the people on the lines wouldn't have much time to do their jobs properly to me.Mine is on the way back to me just now as it happens.The door card wasn't secured properly (rattle 1).The NSF passenger vent wasn't secured properly either (rattle 2).Front left engineer or robot needs a smacked bottom it would appear.Door card is now secured and an additional bracing clip was added (whatever that means).NSF vent is now tightened and they've also bolstered this with a foam insert, i assume because they couldn't get it back to a true fit.I'll report back to see how i rattle and roll along or, hopefully, not.
AlleyCat2014-05-08 15:28:20
Nissan no more...
Timp

Post by Timp »

Wowsers, yeah that is
not great and the fact that it had to go in isn't all that good.

I
wouldn't be surprised if it is just a few disgruntled employees, not
really into their job.

Hope
you soon have rattle free drivinga€¦

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Well i've literally picked up the car and moved it 300 yards into the carpark.Didn't rattle but i'm not going to break out the flags and streamers just yet.Whoever did the fix appears to have given it a "field test" as i've got an extra 40 miles on the clock.It doesn't seem like they were driving it like a nun either as the fuel economy trip is only just above 30 which is about 10mpg off my norm.A small price to pay if it's fixed mind you.
Nissan no more...
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Was gonna say starter motor! Glad it's sorted now OP!
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

40 miles seems a little excessive for a door car and a rattle!! If that was me I would be raising questions that would get me nowhere and completely pointless waste of time, but makes me feel better that I've said something
mavrik64

Post by mavrik64 »

I'm with you on that one SplanK, 40 mile test drive does seem a little excessive. I would deffo be saying something too...
I owe, I owe = so it's of to work i go
2014 Tekna 4x4 Black.
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

As for tyre pressures thats quite normal I've found, they tend to come over inflated from the factory & dealers rarely check. One of the things I checked on both my QQs & both were up in the 40s.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I'm having those ridiculously expensive bits of plastic put on my rims to protect them, so as they have to deflate the tyres to do that perhaps I will get a free tyre pressure check as a by-product.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.