Qashqai 1.6dci cutting out while driving

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
cpoole
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by cpoole »

Anyone had this ......... In July 17 I had a complete loss of power when driving along. Scary! Started again after few minutes. Dealer investigated and 'suspected' fuel filter blocked, which they replaced. In June 18 I asked dealer to check again because I felt the engine was not running smoothly at times. They could not find any reason for concern.
Two weeks ago I had another loss of power when driving along. I am seriously concerned now about my safety, and that of others. On both occasions when the engine failed I was fortunate that I was in a situation where I got away with it. I could easily have been on a motorway!
Dealer says they are not sure what caused it. The dealer says the next step is to go through all the wiring on the high speed and low speed cam, this is all the wiring behind the dash, at a cost of £945. I am just out of warranty and they say I will not get my money back if the fault re-occurs - if I am still in one piece!
I am not a betting man and am seriously concerned about getting back in a car that cuts out while driving along.
Nissan are meant to be a big player with a brand all about innovation and great engineering - but they cant tell me why the car fails. This is a huge safety issue.
Anyone got any advice before I get into a 'saga' with the dealer and then Nissan?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

My answer does not fix this car, but if it was mine I would try get Nissan to fix it, failing that I would sell it. I do feel your pain, but its not worth keeping a car that you can not trust.
cpoole wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:06 pm Anyone had this ......... In July 17 I had a complete loss of power when driving along. Scary! Started again after few minutes. Dealer investigated and 'suspected' fuel filter blocked, which they replaced. In June 18 I asked dealer to check again because I felt the engine was not running smoothly at times. They could not find any reason for concern.
Two weeks ago I had another loss of power when driving along. I am seriously concerned now about my safety, and that of others. On both occasions when the engine failed I was fortunate that I was in a situation where I got away with it. I could easily have been on a motorway!
Dealer says they are not sure what caused it. The dealer says the next step is to go through all the wiring on the high speed and low speed cam, this is all the wiring behind the dash, at a cost of £945. I am just out of warranty and they say I will not get my money back if the fault re-occurs - if I am still in one piece!
I am not a betting man and am seriously concerned about getting back in a car that cuts out while driving along.
Nissan are meant to be a big player with a brand all about innovation and great engineering - but they cant tell me why the car fails. This is a huge safety issue.
Anyone got any advice before I get into a 'saga' with the dealer and then Nissan?
cpoole
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by cpoole »

I would like to get shot of the car but easier said than done! Nissan admit they could go through a whole number of possibilities (at my cost) without fixing the issue and therefore giving me trust back.
How can I sell a car with a known fault of this kind - not to disclose it would be a criminal deception. Motorline Reading have offered me 11.5k for the car BUT say they need to reduce by the cost of putting the problem right ....... which is ridiculous as they admit they dont know what the problem is without working their (costly) way through all the possibilities.
The so called Nissan promise is not worth the paper its written on.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Its only deception if you answer a question and lie. If your not asked a question about the issue of reliability then there is no deception.

I would part exchange it with another dealer as this dealer knows of the problem. Also, dealers can fix things at a substantial cost reduction.

Motorpoint for instance, just jump in the car & do a very quick road test and a quick look around. Chances are they will ask very few questions because they are focused on selling you another car. Quite often if a car is older than say 3 years old it goes to the auctions.

cpoole wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:22 am I would like to get shot of the car but easier said than done! Nissan admit they could go through a whole number of possibilities (at my cost) without fixing the issue and therefore giving me trust back.
How can I sell a car with a known fault of this kind - not to disclose it would be a criminal deception. Motorline Reading have offered me 11.5k for the car BUT say they need to reduce by the cost of putting the problem right ....... which is ridiculous as they admit they dont know what the problem is without working their (costly) way through all the possibilities.
The so called Nissan promise is not worth the paper its written on.