service levels

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Anyone know what a Silver service is?

My QQ is 4 years old today, and has had a Minor/Major/Minor on each anniversary.

At last years minor service I was talked into a 2 year service plan as this would save me a lot of money, and give me a S1 and S2 service as they were called then. Cost £428. Think I checked at the time and it was slightly cheaper than the prices then, and I was told the prices would go up this year as well.

So it was booked in for the major service today, got home and checked my paperwork. And there's a checklist which is either minor and major and they have done the Minor side (but crossed out the word Minor and put Silver) . All the things that should be done at a major they had crossed out and put N/A through it.

The current prices on the dealer website is standard £109, premium, £169, ultimate £229.

A premium + ultimate adds up to £398, so I'm trying to figure out what I spent £428 pounds on for a S1 last year and Silver this year.

(The ultimate at £229 includes brake fluid, fuel filter, pollen filter. Never had any of these done, I assumed they would be today)

I think I'll pay a visit tomorrow with a bit of paperwork.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, our 2014 QQ has also gone through the Nissan Service Loop with 2 Minors & 2 Major Services but never seen or heard of the this Silver Service. It could well be the Extended Warranty Service Plan that is called “Silver” Protection.
I have just got back from the US and read about a system there called “Nissan Security+Plus Silver Coverage - Nissan Extended Warranty” so this could be related to what you have mentioned.
I think it needs clearing with your Dealer - I hope this information helps Dave :D

http://www.vadennissanprotectionplans.c ... ilver.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Cheers for the info. When I signed up to the service plan it was slightly under 3 years old and looking at the prices for services for cars under 3 at todays prices it's £199 minor, £269 major - the major includes brake fluid, air and pollen filters, etc.

For over 4 years, the ultimate at £229 includes all that.

When I took it in last October for a pay as you go minor service, it was £189 minor + £249 major = £438 for the pair.

I was talked into the service plan at £428 as it saved me £10 on the cost then, and was told the prices would be going up this January and the major would be "£300+". So, not quite true, it went up to £269. But I paid £169 deposit + 8 monthly payments for the rest, so it worked out well, paying £20 less on the day than I'd expected to pay, and a major service fully paid for this year at last years prices.

But it definitely only had the minor yesterday, and should have had the brake fluid, air + pollen filters, etc. Not too bothered about filters as I've changed them myself anyway. I'm more concerned about the checking of suspension, axles, driveshafts, exhausts, all stuff that should be checked at the major service but had N/A written through the checklist again. Extended warranty runs out in 5 months so I want all this checked.

Dealers is 2 mins from work, about to pop in and find out...
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Looks like service plan services have their own levels. Getting an S1/S2 on the plan is not a major/minor. It was a minor/medium. So all the things it should have had at 4 years were not covered. Had to argue what I'd actually paid £428 for when I could have had an ultimate service on the fixed price servicing much cheaper. And none of this was pointed out to me when I signed up, just "you are due the biggie next year and this will get it you cheaper". Fine - if I'd actually got the biggie..

Going back in on Friday to have the "every 2 years/48 months" stuff that wasn't done yesterday done, e.g. brake fluid. etc.

So just be warned - a Nissan service plan from a Nissan main dealer does not service your car as per the correct schedule!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, it is Good you raised the point and actually asked and got the points sorted, but do not forget to go over the Service List with the Service Dept to see what was actually done - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

Interesting read and very good info to be aware of, it makes you laugh though the dealer go on about how you must keep the vehicle serviced bla bla and then they stitch your car up with a basic once over and mark a few ticks.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I always submit a letter when I take the car in stating what I am expecting done to the vehicle and stating costs quoted plus not to do anything extra without checking with me first.

That was after receiving a bill many years ago for my Subaru in the sum of £999.35 (yes, it's fixed in my memory!) which included £16 for replacing a numberplate bulb!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
QashqaiGuy

Post by QashqaiGuy »

Slight change on tone on this topic.

I have just taken delivery of my new QQ and was interested in a possible service plan. So I rang my local Nissan dealer, which isn't where I got the car from, and they gave me a quote for a 3 year service plan.

This plan is made up of:
Year 1 - Minor service
Year 2 - Major service
Year 3 - Minor service and MOT

Total £706 over 3 years, paying monthly.

However, if I were to just pay for those services in cash when due they would be £199 for the minor and £269 for the major, with an additional £54 for the MOT.

Overall, the service plan only saves me £15 over 3 years and also ties me into a monthly payment. I can only imagine if I miss a month then it'll cancel the plan or delay it.

So my questions are:

Why would I bother with a monthly plan?

Why isn't a service plan offered at a much more competitive, alluring rate?

If anyone can offer any insight or their experience that would be appreciated as I am not seeing the point.
2018 Tenka+ 1.3 160ps
Gel

Post by Gel »

There's a cheaper service plan only available from supplying dealer, at time of purchase.
Mine purchased 2014 was £335 for a diesel.
Major services at time were £269, minor £179.

As I bought via a broker I had to get Nissan Customer Service involved to get that dealer
to make it available; they were very reluctant to sell it to me post purchase (despite it
being revenue for them.)
Commonly it's not shown as an option you can specify along with metallic paint etc.
when ordering via indirect route.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

QashqaiGuy wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 pm Slight change on tone on this topic.

I have just taken delivery of my new QQ and was interested in a possible service plan. So I rang my local Nissan dealer, which isn't where I got the car from, and they gave me a quote for a 3 year service plan.

This plan is made up of:
Year 1 - Minor service
Year 2 - Major service
Year 3 - Minor service and MOT

Total £706 over 3 years, paying monthly.

However, if I were to just pay for those services in cash when due they would be £199 for the minor and £269 for the major, with an additional £54 for the MOT.

Overall, the service plan only saves me £15 over 3 years and also ties me into a monthly payment. I can only imagine if I miss a month then it'll cancel the plan or delay it.

So my questions are:

Why would I bother with a monthly plan?

Why isn't a service plan offered at a much more competitive, alluring rate?

If anyone can offer any insight or their experience that would be appreciated as I am not seeing the point.
Nissan would argue that the price of a service goes up every year, and probably an MOT will be higher in 3 years too.