service levels

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

My thoughts exactly, that's why I did not take up Nissan's offer.
QashqaiGuy wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 pm Slight change on tone on this topic.

I have just taken delivery of my new QQ and was interested in a possible service plan. So I rang my local Nissan dealer, which isn't where I got the car from, and they gave me a quote for a 3 year service plan.

This plan is made up of:
Year 1 - Minor service
Year 2 - Major service
Year 3 - Minor service and MOT

Total £706 over 3 years, paying monthly.

However, if I were to just pay for those services in cash when due they would be £199 for the minor and £269 for the major, with an additional £54 for the MOT.

Overall, the service plan only saves me £15 over 3 years and also ties me into a monthly payment. I can only imagine if I miss a month then it'll cancel the plan or delay it.

So my questions are:

Why would I bother with a monthly plan?

Why isn't a service plan offered at a much more competitive, alluring rate?

If anyone can offer any insight or their experience that would be appreciated as I am not seeing the point.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

When I bought my Qashqai at 8 months old I was offered a two-year service plan, but the saving was only £3. I said "Why buy?" - they said "Price increases". Then Nissan went and upped the cost of a minor service by £40 by adding in the pollen filter !!!!! Very annoying.

However Nissan servicing is still cheaper than Suzuki servicing...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
QashqaiGuy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by QashqaiGuy »

gloucester wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:16 pm When I bought my Qashqai at 8 months old I was offered a two-year service plan, but the saving was only £3. I said "Why buy?" - they said "Price increases". Then Nissan went and upped the cost of a minor service by £40 by adding in the pollen filter !!!!! Very annoying.

However Nissan servicing is still cheaper than Suzuki servicing...
Ah, that's rather annoying!
2018 Tenka+ 1.3 160ps