Cracked Windscreen Again!!!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Just blowing off a bit of steam.
I only had my windscreen replaced a few months ago because a stone hit it after the road surface was sprayed with bitumen, stone chippings threw on top & road vehicles expected to compact it down over the following weeks. The cost was £90 through my car insurance.

Well, its happened again just yesterday, the same scenario with the bitumen/stone chipping road repair. I'm making a claim this time against Lincolnshire County Council for not sweeping the roads of chippings as it was carried out over a month ago and there is gravel all over the sides and road surface. I'm sick of it & will be another £90 lighter in the pocket as the damage is close to the edge of the screen and is unrepairable.

Does anyone have any advice in the best way to make the complaint, they have already e-mailed the claim form. I have taken pictures of the road and the gravel filling the ruts in the side of the road

What are windscreens made from these days, because whatever it is it's not good enough?

20181109_185740.jpg

20181109_123831.jpg

20181109_123642.jpg

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Daewar, I can imagine the frustration of having the same problem happen twice. Can a Motoring Association help out RAC / AA or at least advise you. Here is a comment from Nissan on Windscreens and a sort video on the manufacture which could be of interest to you - Best of Luck Dave 😉

https://europe.nissannews.com/en-GB/rel ... -426212155

A327ABCC-6277-4D61-A850-A16A8D1F433C.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
branko555
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by branko555 »

Daewar i'm sorry i'm writing here but i got question my windscreen is cracked as well i've talk with claim team of my insurance company and been told that i'll get a call withing 24 hrs but still nothing. So the question is what time roughly it takes for the insurance to process you claim and book you an appointment.
Thanks in advance.
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

Daewar wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:54 pm Just blowing off a bit of steam.
I only had my windscreen replaced a few months ago because a stone hit it after the road surface was sprayed with bitumen, stone chippings threw on top & road vehicles expected to compact it down over the following weeks. The cost was £90 through my car insurance.

Well, its happened again just yesterday, the same scenario with the bitumen/stone chipping road repair. I'm making a claim this time against Lincolnshire County Council for not sweeping the roads of chippings as it was carried out over a month ago and there is gravel all over the sides and road surface. I'm sick of it & will be another £90 lighter in the pocket as the damage is close to the edge of the screen and is unrepairable.

Does anyone have any advice in the best way to make the complaint, they have already e-mailed the claim form. I have taken pictures of the road and the gravel filling the ruts in the side of the road

What are windscreens made from these days, because whatever it is it's not good enough?

20181109_185740.jpg20181109_123831.jpg20181109_123642.jpg
It is ridiculous how they leave the roads after so called resurface but its not down to the screen it is down to some thing hitting the window, the problem you have is proving what hit the window to cause the damage.
Yes the road is littered with there stone but was it one of them that hit the window this is what they will go on but in your favour they have to prove it was not one of there stones.
In your defence you simply say you actually seen it hit and yes it was one of the same stones lying around the road.

They have just done some roads near me when I say just I mean several weeks ago but they have not repainted the markings on the speed humps, so they lay pitch black coating over road surface and then do not mark the humps horrendous in the dark.

Just do not let them wear you down they may keep sending you letters asking for more info ect it is a common tactic.

Good luck hope you win the claim and get a pay back
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
Deleted User 3871

My insurance company (https://www.lv.com/)automatically put me through to Autoglass and I had an appointment booked within 30 mins. As the car has a camera & other sensors in the windscreen I have to wait until 23rd November for fitment and calibration at a centre that takes 1 hour to get to, if I did not need calibration it would have been replaced after a couple of days at my home or work address. The £90 excess I had to pay in advance.
branko555 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:03 pm Daewar i'm sorry i'm writing here but i got question my windscreen is cracked as well i've talk with claim team of my insurance company and been told that i'll get a call withing 24 hrs but still nothing. So the question is what time roughly it takes for the insurance to process you claim and book you an appointment.
Thanks in advance.
Deleted User 3871

Windscreen number 3 cracked, all within 12 months, so that's 3 screens in one year! :shock: I have been driving since 1984 - 85 and had probably 1 or 2 screens replaced up until the start of last year.

Is it poor manufacturing on the windscreens on Nissan cars, the QQ in particular or just bad luck? Who knows. Let's hope this will be the end of it.

Daewar wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:54 pm Just blowing off a bit of steam.

20181109_185740.jpg20181109_123831.jpg20181109_123642.jpg
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Seem to remember its two lumps of shaped glass (heat treated) and a plastic sheet pressed between them. However, the stones (mini missiles) could have a point impact at about 70mph or perhaps more. Its going to splinter the surface easily.

You also wonder what happens in production to such items...in storage and under transportation.

I knew a chap in Malvern who constantly nailed the Council gaining a fair bit of cash. Damage from all sorts of road crap
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta