winter tyres question QQ 2014

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
bovinemoney

Post by bovinemoney »

HI all

I have had winter tyres for about 4 years. The garage stocks the tyres and the alloys and I was given them as compensation (previous thread about this on here) for not 100% receiving the car I ordered.

They have just put the winter tyres and alloys again and I remember now, when I leave a traffic light, the car seems to have much less grip than my summer tyres, as I accelerate (not super fast) in first and second, the car seems to skid a bit. Is this normal? I noticed they have given me poor quality tyres (did not know this when I was given them) Minerva ice something.. I thought it would be the other way around and would have more grip.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

We have the same problem with slight wheel spin, we have the 1,2L Motor and the tendency is to give it some revs. We have Dunlop Tyres and it happens often when the weather is over or around the 7*C Mark. Do not think that because you have a Tyre you have not heard of it is cheap, some of these Tyres do actually work and Minerva seems to be a Belgium Co. which used to be part of the Continental Group - Dave :)

059C02BE-293C-4F9B-8663-3461630675DF.jpeg

8DA17928-B49A-4436-859A-97033FD21F09.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
bovinemoney

Post by bovinemoney »

Thanks for the reply and info (sorry it took so long for me to answer, was out testing the tyres in Germany). Yes these tyres were from Belgium. Did not know about the temperature thing, thought: OK winter tyres, mega grip and how wrong could I have been.

I have noticed that going around a bend when it's 10 degrees C can make the car skid quite a bit and you feel like you are losing control and that's when doing 50/60km/h, very unnerving.

I'll be as sensible as possible with these! Cheers