think the warranty is void

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Antonio369
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Antonio369 »

hello everyone!

i am new here and im guessing like a few people have found this site as something has gone wrong :( .

i will start by saying even though i would like to blame other people this is my fault for being stupid and naive.

for a few years now ive wanted a qashqai and the local garage always seemed to not want to allow a test drive, maybe they thought i wasnt a serious buyer. anyway i decided to get the car on a lease deal so its like a long test drive in a way, obviously im loving it as im hoping most of you are :).

so i received it in November last year, classed as new on the paper work and when it came only had delivery miles on it, drove it for a year and had it serviced a few weeks ago at halfords as i could only do a weekend due to work and my local nissan couldn't get me in until after the new year. after the service they told me they found 2 small oil leaks, nothing to worry about but under warranty so take it in to get sorted. got the car back yesterday and was told they need it in again to get the engine out to get to the leak however there is an issue with the warranty, ive never had a new car before so i didnt know what to do i thought i got it in November brand new i service in November... the car was a pre Reg from June and seems i have missed the service date buy a fair few months ( millage is at 12k). like i say above i take responsibility for this as much as i would like to say they should of told me or wrote to me to say it was due, it is really my fault for not understanding.

question is has this ever happened to anyone here before? any advice?

side note, not sure what they did at the garage but the gear stick is now quite stiff getting in to gear 5 and 6.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

This happened 2 years ago with our SMART car, bought it second hand with delivery miles on it. We took the car to Mercedes for a service when we had owned it for a year. They told us the car should have been serviced 3 months prior. They said no worries & they just serviced it and have done many repairs under warrantee after this.

A few months delay on a service will not affect anything unless the car has done a lot of miles since the last service.

You need to argue with Nissan that the car service interval does not affect oil leaking out of the car. You may even need to get a professional written report and then Nissan will have to carry out the repairs under guarantee. If I was you I would get professional advise from a motoring organisation.

You may need to read your lease terms and conditions, you may find the lease company at fault for not informing you of the service due date.
Antonio369 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:21 am hello everyone!

i am new here and im guessing like a few people have found this site as something has gone wrong :( .

i will start by saying even though i would like to blame other people this is my fault for being stupid and naive.

The gear stick connects to the gear box that is usually not requiring a service at all.

for a few years now ive wanted a qashqai and the local garage always seemed to not want to allow a test drive, maybe they thought i wasnt a serious buyer. anyway i decided to get the car on a lease deal so its like a long test drive in a way, obviously im loving it as im hoping most of you are :).

so i received it in November last year, classed as new on the paper work and when it came only had delivery miles on it, drove it for a year and had it serviced a few weeks ago at halfords as i could only do a weekend due to work and my local nissan couldn't get me in until after the new year. after the service they told me they found 2 small oil leaks, nothing to worry about but under warranty so take it in to get sorted. got the car back yesterday and was told they need it in again to get the engine out to get to the leak however there is an issue with the warranty, ive never had a new car before so i didnt know what to do i thought i got it in November brand new i service in November... the car was a pre Reg from June and seems i have missed the service date buy a fair few months ( millage is at 12k). like i say above i take responsibility for this as much as i would like to say they should of told me or wrote to me to say it was due, it is really my fault for not understanding.

question is has this ever happened to anyone here before? any advice?

side note, not sure what they did at the garage but the gear stick is now quite stiff getting in to gear 5 and 6.